FINISHED DECANTS JULY-AUGUST 2023

Gucci Guilty Pour Femme EDT: peppery, orange, powdery, and musky. Reiterating my previous review: it's a pretty scent, but the sillage is terrible. Despite having at least five sprays across my torso, I barely smell it. If you're looking for a clean, powdery, floral, and generally inoffensive office lady fragrance, here it is. You might go through this perfume quickly to get the desired strength, which isn't cost-efficient. The longevity is alright, but keep in mind I sprayed a lot. I still smell it after work when I tuck my chin to my chest and sniff. Doing all types of contortion to smell it on myself and find redeeming qualities. I contemplated recommending Flower by Kenzo as another powdery floral alternative, but the sillage is equally awful. 


Byredo Rose of No Man's Land. I have contemplated buying a travel size. That's the highest compliment I can give a fragrance. This is my go-to going-out perfume. My friend complimented me (take that with a grain of salt because of the friend bias.) It's classy, musky, and a little sexy. Florally and green. It's not an offensive in-your-face floral. It can be casual or dressed up. As someone who doesn't generally like rose perfumes, I was surprised I enjoyed it. There's a vintage quality, but it doesn't age you. You can throw this on without regrets and confusion. I retried a couple of fragrances, and they were nothing like I remembered. Are you sure I tried this before? This fragrance smells exactly like how I remembered. 

Gucci Flora Gorgeous Jasmine EDP. Lot's of Gucci reviews on my blog... It's a mid-range, run-of-the-mill fragrance. There's nothing spectacular about it. The longevity is decent, but the sillage is to be desired. A clean, tranquilized jasmine. Sweet, citrusy, musky, perky, floral, and green stems. It's good the first spray, but I grew an aversion towards it the closer I got to the bottom. 

Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia: surprised by the longevity. I sprayed this on my clothes and smelled it throughout the day without having to intentionally crane my head and sniff. Melon, rose, musk, patchouli, and light amber. Slightly sweet, potent floral musk and a tangy note I didn't smell before. Not as delicate as I remembered; there is a kick and boldness. There is a sunscreen-like dry-down on me. Leans more feminine. It's nice, and I can see many people liking this fragrance, yet I have a tinge of regret at the end of the day/right after spraying. Spraying for the sake of getting rid of it. 

Maison Francis Kurkdjan Baccarat Rouge 540 EDP. I'm tired of this perfume, which sucks because it's masterful and complex. It deserves the hype, but at the same time, it's ruining it. Many patients come in smelling like it; perhaps it's because I have to clean up after them, but I've grown the dislike this perfume. 

The longevity and sillage are insane. I wore it to a wedding. It lasts all night, and you still smell it lingering the day after. Even with the lid on tight, you can smell the juice. It is the gold standard of longevity and sillage. Still smells like salted plums to me. Woody, salty, and powerful ambergris. It's warm and reminds me of the beach: driftwood, crashing waves, and salt on your skin. This is how to conjure up the beach without heliotrope and/or coconut!

Dior Miss Dior. It's a pretty perfume that is floral and sweet, but I've noticed my coworker and my boss sneeze a lot when I wear it. I would steer clear of this perfume if you have allergies. It's lightly floral, gourmand-dominant. I smell more of the sandalwood than before. Sometimes I picked up an amber-like quality, which I attribute to the benzoin. Doesn't smell like the rose or lily of the valley to me. Is there something wrong with my nose? There is a powdery, refreshing/lifted quality because of the iris. Those who identify as a "cute girl" in their 20s and want to buy their first grown-up fragrance will likely gravitate toward this perfume. Sorry if that's a read; it's true, though.

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!