JO MALONE ENGLISH PEAR & FREESIA REVIEW

Pear, Melon
Freesia, Rose
Musk, Patchouli, Rhubarb, Amber

From the card:

"Orchards awash with golden sunshine. The sensuous freshness of just-ripe pears wrapped in a bouquet of bright white freesias, their unmistakable blooms radiating innocence and a delicate touch mellowed by amber, patchouli, and woods.

The essence of autumn. Mellow. Cool. Golden."

Trying this scent was an absolute rollercoaster ride. The first time I tried this, I thought I sprayed Maison Louis Marie's No.09 Vallée De Farney. Absolutely none of the sweet, fruity florals that make up this perfume, just the muskier base notes. The two fragrances have almost identical base notes. 

The second time I tried it, I picked up the sweetness and the floral notes. I'm not getting the freesia as much as the rose. The sweetness, could be either the pear or the freesia, but I can't really tell the difference. 

This is a pretty and dainty fragrance. Definitely innocent and delicate like the card says. There is a coolness, airiness, and crispness to the scent. Wouldn't call it an autumn fragrance. It's more like the snow has melted, and the flora is waking up.

I didn't expect much from the longevity from what I've heard about Jo Malone, but it lasted fairly long for me. I sprayed two sprays on my neck and still caught a faint glimpse of it on my clothes. The longevity is about five hours. The sillage is intimate. No one commented on the fragrance, and it didn't oppress me throughout the day. This scent leans more feminine, but different layering options can help the perfume express differently/more "masculine."

The card recommends layering with Wild Bluebell for a fresher scent. This scent is already über-fresh, so that doesn't sound great. Or Velvet Rose & Oud for a warmer scent. Maybe that will give the perfume the autumn vibes the card advertises.

It's a pretty fragrance that would make a nice gift for your kind, gentle female friend. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!