MACY'S PERFUMES | VOCE VIVA, DAISY EVER SO FRESH, GORGEOUS JASMINE

This is my second set of Macy fragrances from SoPost. You know the drill: not paid (sadly) for this unbiased review.


Valentino Voce Viva EDP

Mandarin Orange, Bergamot, Ginger
Orange Blossom, Gardenia
Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Musk, Sandalwood, Oakmoss

Since I saw Lady Gaga in the Voce Viva commercial, this fragrance has been on my Sephora wishlist for about four years. I was intrigued because I think Lady Gaga is a ground-breaking and forward-thinking artist, so if she's going to be the face of a perfume, the perfume must reflect her personality. That's my logic. 

It's not a ground-breaking fragrance. When I opened the little card the sample came in, I smelled the warmth and vanilla, which excited me. This fragrance might be good. 

It's citrusy, has a little fire from the ginger, heavy musk from the florals, and a warm, earthy base. 

Sadly, it doesn't work well with my skin chemistry. I think the tonka bean or other base notes are throwing me off. It smells stale and musty on me. Kind of like fermented or rotten citrus fruits that you attempt to mask with floral air freshener, but the smell worsens after they mingle. 

Positively delectable.

I like the bottle's design; I'm a fan of most glass bottles with some geometric elements. 

These pyramid indents on the side create this hourglass appearance when viewed from the front. However, I am not a fan of the cap. I know it's referencing Valentino's Rockstud heels, which had a chokehold on people during the 2010s, but I think it looks cheap and tacky. They need to let the stud motif go. 

Also, if their next fragrance is Valentino Pink in any capacity... They also need to let that go. It's overdone. Next trend!


Gucci Flora Gorgeous Jasmine EDP

Italian Mandarin, Bergamot, Black Pepper
Jasmine, Jasmine Sambac, Magnolia, Damask Rose
Benzoin, Australian Sandalwood, Patchouli

This is another fragrance with a celebrity endorsement that has been force-fed down my throat. I've seen the Gorgeous Gardenia commercial so many times. It was cute the first time with the animation, but I just want to get to my cooking videos on Youtube. 

I think Miley Cyrus is the perfect face for the brand and this fragrance. Gucci is cool, loud/unapologetically themselves, and bold: very on-brand for Miley, IMO. I'm a fan of the Gucci Bloom fragrances (I forgot which one in particular.)

I've been steering clear of white florals when purchasing because I haven't had any good experiences with them, see my Flowerhead review.

The jasmine isn't loud or obnoxious. Not too heady or headache-inducing. It's bright, clean, and quite refreshing. I like it. Oddly reminds me of Aloe Purell. 

The sillage and longevity are rather weak. I expected something stronger for a designer white floral perfume, an EDP at that. Unremarkable and forgettable in terms of longevity.

Try this out at your local Macy's if you want a light fragrance. 


Marc Jacobs Daisy Ever So Fresh EDP

Mango, Pineapple, Mandarin Orange
Orange Blossom, Rose Water
Cashmere Wood

"Addictively fresh and irresistibly joyful. A juicy, fruity floral that bursts with youthful energy and everlasting charm." 

Smells like common rue initially and has me questioning whether I've ever smelled or eaten a tropical fruit because I'm not getting any. The common rue threw me off because it made me think of my neighbors who used to grow this. I should be getting island getaway vibes, not gardening neighbors. 

It smells tropical, fruity, and refreshing. It's like eating a really ripe and creamy mango on your island getaway. You're basking in the sun with a cool drink and a cute outfit. 

It's not an artificial fruit smell. It is warm and sweet, but not too sweet. The floral notes are quite faint; getting a really subtle rose. 

If this was a gift set that included a smaller full-size, a travel size, and a lotion, I think it would be a great gift for your significant other that likes more traditionally feminine and fruity scents. 

Longevity is better than Gucci. I sprayed the crooks of my elbow (I know this is a bad place to spray fragrance because of the heat and friction, but it's easy for me to wave in front of my face to test) and my chest. I wore a fluffy fleece sweater, went shopping for groceries, sweated a little, and still smelled it. PLUS, it still lingered on the sweater the day after. It lasted a good 6 hours on me.


This set is much better than the first one I received from Macy's. I enjoyed 2/3 fragrances sent to me. My favorite is Daisy Ever So Fresh. I think I enjoyed it because the weather is getting cooler, and it reminds me of colder weather. I would consider purchasing a travel size. 

While I enjoyed Gorgeous Gardenia, I would not purchase it for myself because the longevity and sillage aren't great. It's a quiet white floral, which feels contradictory. 

Personally, Voce Viva is the worst out of the three because it doesn't work with my body chemistry. Who knows, it might smell fantastic on you, so still try it if the notes strike your fancy. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!