MACY'S PERFUME REVIEW | GOOD FORTUNE, IDOLE NECTAR, DOLCE LILY

I love free stuff like the next person; I'm constantly signing up for free fragrance samples for review. Thank you, SoPost/Macy's, again. As usual, my opinions are entirely my own.


Idôle Nectar Lancôme

Rose
Caramel, Popcorn
Vanilla

I've smelled La Vie Est Belle before at Ulta and hated it. It's such an overpoweringly sweet fragrance that it makes me nauseous. 

I wasn't expecting much from Lancôme's "first addictive neo-gourmand scent." It's neo-gourmand because they "reinvented" the sweet and floral fragrance. *rolls eyes* These minimal notes are awful and uninspiring!

I don't particularly like the tall, skinny bottle because it looks like it's about to tip over at any moment, shatter on the ground, and make my home smell disgusting. It's like a pink glass, volatile-smelling iPhone. 

I smell all the notes mentioned; it's not a masterful or complex perfume. I get the popcorn during the initial spray, but it dissipates incredibly quickly. It's mainly rose, with some warmth from the vanilla. 

It reminds me of another perfume, but I can't put my finger on it. It's not an awful perfume like antidris cassis, but it does make me nauseous.

I think it's an S/S to Fall fragrance. It's very florally, but there is a warmth and coziness to it that allows you to wear it for longer throughout the year. However, I hope none of you wear this. I would rather you smell like BO than this. It has 6-hour wear, which is too much.


Good Fortune Victor&Rolf

Fennel, Gentiana
Jasmine
Madagascar Vanilla

I disliked Flower Bomb, but I was excited to try this fragrance because of FKA Twigs. Boy, was I disappointed!

This is a weird fragrance. It's slightly herbally/medicinal because of the fennel (and probably also because of the Gentiana.) I wouldn't think to pair it with jasmine or vanilla; maybe they decided with these two because they're COMMON notes. 

We're already quirky with the fennel and Gentiana. We can't be too weird because we still need to be marketable. Let's use the most overused notes!

It's not my favorite fragrance or pairing. It oddly reminded me of cooked rice, temples, and pee. 

I think the marketing is excellent. The crystal ball design of the bottle, the crystal cap, and having Twigs be the face were great choices. They have the same style and vibe. Whoever chose her understood the assignment. 

I wish they committed to doing something weird and niche or had a new profile that doesn't smell like urine. The wear time is also around 6 hours, which is too long. 


Dolce Lily Dolce & Gabbana

Passionfruit, Lemon, Bergamot
Lily, Rose
Musk, Vanilla, Sandalwood

This is my first fragrance with passion fruit, to my knowledge. 

Again, the bottle is so ugly... Where is the taste?! I might not like the company and know it's known for being tacky, but I am willing to work for them if they need someone to help design a bottle. (Even though I don't have a packaging design background.) 

The juice itself is fine. It saddens me that this is my favorite of the three perfumes I received. 

It's a passionfruit-forward fragrance, which I enjoy. It's fruity, summery, fun, slightly sweet, and a little tart. The floral notes are pretty. I'm shocked that I liked the Lilies because I hate the smell of Lilies: they remind me of my grandmother's funeral, and I found it offensive even before the funeral. 

This fragrance is great for warm, vivacious people. You might like this perfume if you like making food for others/hosting dinner parties, flowy or floral dresses, and outdoor strolls in the sun. Great longevity. 


I'm pretty disappointed with the perfume selection from Macy's. The cologne selection was slightly better. I'll receive another set from Macy's soon, and I hope it's better than this. In theory, it should be because it has Voce Viva, which I've smelled before, and enjoyed. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!