BYREDO FLOWERHEAD REVIEW

I purchased a sample of this from Lucky Scent. Again, I hate the dabber vial. I have to tip the vial back and contort myself to glide the vial like a rollerball onto my body. 

Pre-sniff: I am not sure what compelled me to purchase this fragrance over the others. Perhaps it was the only scent available at the time/the ones I wanted to try were sold out? This is often the case when I browse their website.

I like floral scents, but this profile seems generic and uninspiring. If I were to try Byredo for the first time, I would try either their bestsellers or the weirdest ones. Yet I didn't... 


Top Notes: Angelica, Cranberry, Lemon
Middle Notes: Jasmine Sambac, Tuberose, Green Notes, Rose Petals
Base Notes: Ambergris, Suede

 

First sniff: smells like a park during the spring. Picture yourself sitting on the grass, near some body of water/water fountain, with flowers in bloom around you. It smells like a cleaning product, either a household one or for personal use. 

There's this green note, which is why I mention the grass. I also said a pond because of the clean soapiness that reminds me of water. 

The jasmine note/tuberose sucker punches you in the face! I already have a slight headache.

I wore the fragrance for a day, and the longevity is great. However, this is not good news because it's headache-inducing and will probably trigger people's allergies. It will suffocate you if you're a good samaritan and wear a mask with this scent.

You turn your body a little and get a whiff. You bend down, get back up, and now you need to sit down because you're getting a bit nauseous. 

I don't get cranberry or lemon/a tart zing; perhaps it's because it's a decant?! I only get jasmine musk and green notes. I'm also getting little to no rose. I'm glad I'm not getting rose notes because it'd be the final nail to the coffin.

Back to my park simile, this perfume is like when pigeons suddenly flock around you, steal food from you, and shit on you. The park outing/initial sniff is great at first, but things turn sour quickly. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!