FLOWER BY KENZO EDP REVIEW

Bulgarian Rose, Hawthorn, Black Currant, Mandarin Orange
Parma Violet, Rose, Opoponax, Jasmine
Vanilla, White Musk, Incense

"The poppy is unscented. KENZO has created its fragrance. A unique floral that has become an icon."

If I didn't receive this sample from Macy's, I would've never tried it.

Firstly, it's an old perfume. This was released in 2000, and I remember seeing this bottle in my childhood. This wouldn't make for new, exciting content.

Secondly, the packaging is unassuming, and I do not/would not gravitate toward it.

Thirdly, I am not actively looking for powdery rose perfumes.

Fourthly, that description of the perfume is terrible. It's like when a man says, "I gave this voiceless woman a voice." I cultured this woman, à la Pygmalion. 


I've tried this perfume several times and didn't grow to like it; it's one-dimensional, and I was deceived by its false depth. When you try perfumes, you discover something new or something you might like with each spray. Every time I tried this perfume was basically the same. There was a spark of something new, but I never found that spark again, so I am quite convinced it was a fluke. 

You will be immediately hit with the powderiness and rose scent. It reminds me of old ladies' makeup in their bathroom and baby powder. Only people that enjoy baby power scents (still don't understand the appeal) or cotton/clean scents would enjoy this perfume. 

The other time I sprayed it, I was hit with pepperiness. It was like a floral black pepper sauce... How appetizing. That only happened once and is the false depth I mentioned before. 

Fragrantica doesn't have pink pepper listed, but the card the sample comes in says there are notes of pink pepper. 

The dry-down is sweet, soft, and vanilla.  

Unfortunately, this is a very weak fragrance. Sillage and longevity are terrible. You must be at least 2 inches close to where you sprayed it to smell it. It lasts about 2-4 hours. 

This perfume is for the prim and proper ladies who value cleanliness and want their son to marry an innocent good girl who will not curse, will not talk back, and will bear them many grandchildren.


Oh my god... If misogyny/internalized misogyny was a perfume.

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!