MY ARMPITS REMAIN UNDEFEATED

I'm a sweaty and smelly person. I'm not sure what the root of my stink is, but I know anxiety is the cause of the sweating. I mainly use natural deodorants that are free of aluminum and stay away from antiperspirants for my kidneys' sake. 

I was not advised by my nephrologist to use natural deodorants/avoid deodorants with aluminum. I am also aware that there isn't evidence of aluminum deodorants causing kidney issues. 

If you haven't seen my reviews/epitaphs for those my armpits have conquered, please check them out, especially if you've contemplated or are completing purchasing any of them: KosasNecessaire, and Crystal.

Another update on the Crystal: it's been failing me lately, even when my armpits are shaved. In addition, it stings after freshly shaving. The stick doesn't smell (read the post to understand this,) but I do!

When I was scrolling through Reddit for a new, effective natural deodorant, I saw someone recommend Little Seed Farm because it works for them and their boyfriend, who has armpit hair. 

The armpit hair was what sold me on the product.

Generally, deodorants work best when applied directly to clean, hairless skin. I don't always shave because I am terrible at it and prefer waxing. And to wax, your hair needs to be a certain length. If this deodorant works for me when I am hairy, I can continue waxing instead of shaving. 

I purchased Travel Pack - Eight Organic Deodorant Cream Pouches for $12, but I also added two Natural Deodorant Cream Samples for scents I thought I would like. The eight options are Activated Charcoal, Coconut, Cucumber, Grapefruit Lemon, Lavender, Jasmine Green Tea, Unscented, and Rosemary Patchouli. They also have Orange Vetiver, which is their limited edition summer scent.

The deodorants are cruelty-free, paraben-free, gluten-free, artificial fragrance-free, aluminum-free, and GMO-free. The company uses natural and organic ingredients, produces its products with solar power, and has zero-waste shipping. 

The ingredients:

Organic Arrowroot Powder*, Food Grade Magnesium Hydroxide, Organic Coconut Oil*, Organic Jojoba Oil*, Organic Beeswax*, Organic Vegetable Glycerine* (non-GMO & Kosher), Organic Essential Oils*.

The first one I tried was Orange Vetiver because it's available for a limited time, and if I like the scent/product, I would want to purchase a larger size immediately. I do not like this scent because of the vetiver. It's too musky, and I don't need that as someone that's already musky. As for performance, I was incredibly disappointed. Whether I had hair or not, I would still smell at the end of the day.

At night, I apply a pea-sized amount, as directed, after showering on damp underarms. In the afternoon, I began to stink. I recently started a new job as a receptionist, I'm in close quarters with other co-workers, and I feel really embarrassed that they might smell me. Once, I felt so nasty that I sprayed Lysol on the pit area of my clothes. 

My clothes cannot handle the stink or the methods I employ to mask the it in dire straits. 

I smelled less when I diluted some tea tree oil, applied it to my skin, washed that off, washed the area with a salicylic wash, applied the crystal deodorant, and then applied a layer of the cream deodorant, but that's a hassle! Also, my armpit skin would be so rashy if I did this daily! Washing the area with benzoyl peroxide also helps, but benzoyl peroxide also irritates my skin. 

  • I like the Jasmine Green Tea scent, but it doesn't really smell like green tea and doesn't work well. 
  • I'm not a fan of cucumber, so you can guess how that fared.  
  • The Grapefruit Lemon scent reminds me of citronella/mosquito repellant and cleaning products. 
  • I enjoyed the Coconut scent because it smelled toasted and delicious. 
  • Rosemary Patchouli smells like a Chinese medicine balm I use on mosquito bites. 
  • Activated Charcoal reminds me of Lush's Mask of Magnaminty and Aesop's Geranium Leaf hand sanitizer. Out of all the fragrances, this scent lasted the longest/actually worked. It kept most of my stink at bay.
  • Lavender smells like lavender essential oil, which is not surprising. The texture is a lot funnier than the activated charcoal one. Some formula inconsistencies/batch issues? The scent is VERY strong, so that's something to keep in mind when considering which fragrance to pair it with whether you'd buy it

Some of the ingredients began to separate in the sachet. Some of them also began to harden a little, so I massaged the unopened sachets before use. I'm not sure what issues the full-size might have, but that's something important to note. The deodorant will leave white marks on your clothes. 

Very sad that this brand didn't work out for me, except for the charcoal one, because I had high hopes. If this works for a guy with armpit hair, it'll surely work on me, right? I still end up smelling a little funky at and after work. I rarely use the deodorants alone (only in conjunction with the crystal deodorant) because I know it won't perform well. I've tried them alone, too. 

If you still want to try the brand, I recommend trying the travel packs before committing to the full jar. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!