Kosas Chemistry AHA Serum Deodorant Review

Beauty Tidbits

If you read my "About Me" page, you know I'm a stinky gal. I think I get it from my dad, but it may also be because I'm usually anxious. 

I previously bought the Kosas SCENTED version and was quite successful. I did not catch a whiff of myself during the middle of the day and gag a little. I wasn't the biggest fan of the smell. It reminds me of ginger, coke, and sprite.

After agony with Type:A's Eucalyptus Mint deodorant? (I see that they don't make that anymore, good), I decided to try the unscented Kosas deodorant. 

Oh, that was a mistake. 

The pros are I don't have a rash, and it doesn't stain clothes. No baking soda that causes irritation. No white marks on black t-shirts and no oil stains. Also, aluminum-free! 

The cons:

The biggest and obvious con is that it doesn't work well if you do not have hairless armpits. I want a deodorant that gives me 24-hour protection with one swipe. After I shower and put it on, I don't want to reapply on dirty armpits! I also don't want one that only works after hair removal. 

Some of you might suggest, "Take two showers!" Are you paying my water bill?

I also don't want a deodorant that reads me for not removing my armpit hair. She's so shady.

The fragrance smells like Danmuji/the yellow pickled radish in Korean cuisine. 

Chef Atulya

The applicator/packaging, if you think about it, is not sanitary. It's a tube with a rollerball. 

Suppose you are reapplying/applying it without taking a shower. In that case, all the bacteria and nastiness on your armpit will roll into the product, mix together, get to know each other in the tube, and then it will be redispersed onto your armpit the next time you use it. 

It's a never-ending cycle of recycling bacteria and funkiness. Maybe the reapplying made the product smell even more Danmuji-like.

The next time you go to Sephora, don't waste your $15 on the unscented. Perhaps try the scented; I remember having a better experience but am unsure. I will most likely try a crystal deodorant next (not the brand because I had a bad experience with them too.)

Have you tried the Kosas deodorant? Comment below your experience.

If you have any natural deodorant recommendations, help a stinky sister out!

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!