GUCCI MÉMOIRE D'UNE ODEUR & THE ALCHEMIST'S GARDEN A CHANT FOR THE NYMPH

MÉMOIRE D'UNE ODEUR

Roman Chamomile. Coral Jasmine, Musk. Vanilla, Sandalwood, Cedar.

This reminds me of TOKYOMILK's Sonoran Bloom. It has a strong floral musk and a slight petrichor effect. I regularly drink chamomile tea, so, in theory, I have a good grasp of what it smells like. I don't smell it, just the Jasmine, musk, vanilla, sandalwood, and cedar. It's a slightly more feminine, jasmine-dominant, toned-down version of Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur, though not as spicy or aggressive/repugnant. The jasmine makes it lean more feminine, but it is unisex. Quiet herbally and green with a slight bitterness.

I'm sure many of you are baffled as to why I would get a Gucci decant, nonetheless of a fragrance that's rumored to be discontinued. I read a review saying this doesn't trigger migraines, so I decided it would work for those sensitive to perfumes—two of my friends are sensitive and picky about scents. 

I hoped this scent would work for at least one of them... Friend A (initial) would find this too musky. This smells out of character for Friend D and would assault their senses. Due to the chamomile, I assumed this would be a subtle fragrance with light musk. Jasmine is unpredictable, but since it's Gucci, I should have known the white florals would be loud and bombastic, like the Gucci Bloom line. 

The pursuit continues to find a signature scent and something my friends would like! Mentioning my friends makes it seem more noble, but this is a selfish and expensive quest.


A CHANT FOR THE NYMPH

Frangipani. Tiare Flower, Ylang-Ylang. Vanilla.

Tropical flower bouquet candle, and even smells of smoke from blowing out the flame! The frangipani and other floral musks are all up in your face, which makes this fragrance nauseating and unpleasant. Does anyone else smell melted plastic and cough syrup? Do not wear this near your scent-sensitive friends. I grimace after smelling it. *gags* 

All these picks from Gucci were a bust. I already feel stupid spending money buying decants, especially now with these picks. Oh my goodness, it's like shitting into a toilet [both this perfume and buying decants].

The person who wears this regularly is unaware of how much people dislike them. They are loud, uncultured, and ignorant of the fact. Why do people still orbit around this individual? I do not know. Maybe it's against their will. 

They remind me of patients that come into my doctor's office. Sign your name and wait for your turn. There is no need to demand to be seen the moment you enter. This is not Urgent Care. Other people made appointments just like you. You're too old to be acting like this. 

I usually try perfumes at least twice to accurately portray the fragrance and my opinions, but I don't want to experience this horror show again!


This is the end of my birthday haul. I've been trying these perfumes since the End of April/Early May until the End of June. (It's June 17th when I'm writing this post.) This is a disappointing way to end the series. I made another purchase of decants, this time from Surrender to Chance. There are a lot of odd fragrances, so I'm bound to dislike something. It will be the last haul in a while.

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!