FREDERIC MALLE MUSC RAVAGEUR

Lavender, Tangerine, Bergamot
Cinnamon, Cloves
Musk, Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Amber, Sandalwood, Guaiac Wood, Cedar

Frederic Malle has such boring photos for their products. I understand they don't need to advertise because they're well-known and higher-end, but I'm trying to spice up these posts! Since the actual review and content are lacking, the product should look decent. 

This smells like an old woman's home after making a spice cake in a wood fire oven. The warmth of the cinnamon and clove with all the smokey woods. Maybe they have a pet because of the musk.

It's intense, even with one spray. Bold, potent, spicy, woody, smokey, and mature. 

I cannot pull this off because it's not me. If you had to match a fragrance to my personality, this would not/should not be your first choice.

At first, I was taken aback by the perfume, but I became more fascinated with it as I smelled it. I could not stop bringing the crook of my elbow to my face. It's wonderfully complex, albeit not the most appealing. The spiciness, woodiness, animal-like muskiness, and smokiness have an allure. The thick, resinous quality is quite seductive. If I smelled this on someone, I would be intrigued. 

Frankly, the top notes are virtually non-existent to my nose. The base notes dominate this fragrance, but they give the heart notes a little room to express themselves. The wood base notes also drown out their fellow base notes, particularly tonka bean and amber. 

The two people that come to mind that would wear this are Post Malone and Jack Harlow...

Everything would become clear if you smelled this perfume while looking at these pictures of them. They look a little out there, but you can take them home to meet your mother because they have this sweet, puppy-dog-like temperament. They look like their perfume tastes would lean woody, spicy, and musky. 

There's a discount code in the sample box they sent me.

Use code EDPFM22 to get a Portrait of a Lady EDP 3.5ml and a travel-size Jurassic Flower Rubber Incense Medallion with a $75 purchase. The offer expires on January 31, 2023.

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!