TOCCA DISCOVERY SET REVIEW PT. 2

Sadly, I am back with the Tocca reviews. Here is Part 1 if you haven't already read it (or maybe you want to reread it for a refresher on how much I did not like their perfumes.) 

Gia
Tangerine, Pink Pepper
Turkish Rose
Vanilla, Sandalwood, Amber

Independent, Brave, Imaginative. For me, it's a warm, spicy rose that's slightly sweetened by the citrus. Thankfully, it's not a super offensive rose, like Antidris Cassis. This perfume is for someone that's still young but wants people to acknowledge that they've matured. It's got the sweetness of youth, and the spice/musk of blossoming maturity. Not a fan of the notes or the dry down. 

Simone

Watermelon, Apple, Lemon
Freesia, Frangipani, Ylang-Ylang, Rose
Musk, Woody Notes, Amber

Definitely Breezy, Sparking, and Radiant as described. It smells like crystals, the ocean, and the sun. It would make a great air and car freshener. A refreshing summer fragrance with non-artificial, non-sickly watermelon. It's crisp, fun, and youthful with some floral musk. Its dry-down faintly reminds me of Byredo's Blanche. It's a farrrrr reach. I like it though.


Colette

Amalfi Lemon, Bergamot, Juniper Berries, Mandarin Orange
Violet, Pink Pepper, Jasmine, Cyclamen
Vanille, Sandalwood, Amber, Virginia Cedar, Musk, Incense, Pine needles

Spicy, Mysterious, and Seductive my ass. For someone with such a pretty name, she smells nasty. On paper, it's something that should be right up my alley: bergamot, sandalwood, and pink peppercorns. It reminds me of the old car I mentioned in my Vetiver 46 review. There's this woodiness and spiciness to it that makes me think of the fragrant oils sold in the streets of Harlem. Apparently, this is what Gypsy Water is supposed to smell like. If it is, I need to cross that off my wishlist (but I won't because it's iconic and I still haven't smelled it yet.) It's an acquired taste. If you like burning sage/Palo Santo, witchcraft, crystals, damp and dank places, and loose clothing like kaftans, this might be for you. 


Cleopatra

Grapefruit, Black Currant, Green Notes, Cassis
Jasmine, Peach, Tuberose
Musk, Patchouli, Amber, Vanilla

It weirdly reminds me of Ylang 49, but with a weird, powdery funk to it. I know what it is: baby wipes! Is it the Cassis that's giving it this cat-piss funk? It also has a floral musk. The baby wipes are turning me off. Echg. 


Overall:

I think Tocca is possibly one of the worst brands I've purchased and tried to date, and I've been disappointed by more expensive times many times before. Don't bother purchasing a full-size or even a discovery set. 

If you are truly curious, go to your nearest fragrance retailer for a spray and leave. I'm sure that once you spray it, you'll realize that they're not all that amazing. 

I don't know what I'll be doing with these unfinished samples. Giveaway of my unfinished/used samples lmao?

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!