MORE BODY CARE REVIEWS

EUCERIN SKIN CALMING ITCH SOOTHING LOTION

I randomly purchased this because my skin needs something rich and moisturizing for the winter. As advertised, it's a medium-weight cream that calms and prevents dry, itchy skin. It doesn't leave you feeling greasy, but it's slightly sticky on the skin. My biggest complaint is the scent: it smells like fermented grapes. The scent gives me the ick. My stomach is turning, and my face scrunching in disgust. Would not repurchase. 

I didn't have much left, so I brought it into my workplace as a hand cream. My co-worker's hands were cracked due to the cold weather.

Sidenote: I had these barely visible itchy bumps on the back of my hand. NĂ©cessaire's body cream helped significantly to calm the itchiness.


DOVE POMEGRANATE SEEDS AND SHEA BUTTER MODERATE EXFOLIATING BODY POLISH

The pomegranate smells more berry-like than pomegranate. The scrub smells sweet, pink, and sugary. If your routine consists of berry gourmand fragrances, it will layer well and work synergically. I can't choose between this and the Crush Macadamia & Rice Milk scrub because they're both great in their own way. If you want something more fresh, fruity, and zingy, the Pomegranate Seeds & Shea Butter is the one for you. If you want a warm, cozy, vanilla-y, and creamy one, then Macadamia is the way. Neither scrubs paired with my body washes, Neutrogena Rainbath and NĂ©cessaire Eucalyptus. 


SALTAIR PINK BEACH DEODORANT

This is probably the worst scent I've tried from them. It has notes of Coconut, Almond Blossom, and Vanilla. These scents do not mix well with my body odor. It's a bizarre combination: smelly man BO and vanilla/something creamy. I smelled worse than usual at the end of the day. Of the three scents I've tried, this is the order in which I like them from most to least: Lush Greens, Seascape, and Pink Beach. 


HEY HUMANS APPLE MATCHA DEODORANT

Again, I should've chosen a different scent because it doesn't mix well with my natural musk; I ended up smelling worse than usual at the end of the day. It's a fresh apple scent, but I don't smell the matcha.

While the mission to have more sustainable packing is honorable, it can be messy, but that's also because I am a slob. It's a cardboard tube that I embarrassingly have to admit perplexed me, and I spent a little too long figuring it out, even after reading the instructions multiple times. What's so hard about pushing up? It's like those ice pops in elementary school. It's messy because after swiping my armpits, the excess collected around the rim of the tube, which would build up at the bottom once you capped it. Speaking of the cap, air builds up when you push it down, causing it to audibly pop when you open it the next time, like a tiny air cannon. 

This deodorant's failure is both a blessing and a curse. It's a curse because it's affordable, and the packaging is sustainable. It's a blessing because people online say it's been increasingly more difficult to find this deodorant in-person and online. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!