NÉCESSAIRE THE BODY ESSENTIALS SET REVIEW

I bought this because my Sephora points were going to expire, and I couldn't justify purchasing the Shark SpeedStyle.

The set includes The Body Wash (Eucalyptus scented), The Body Serum, and The Body Lotion. It costs $35.

The Body Wash 100 ml/3.4 fl oz: "a daily oil-in-gel cleanse for the skin" rich in vitamins A, C, E, and F, with Omega-6 and 9. The cleanser contains Niacinamide, Cacay oil, Marula oil, and Meadowfoam oil.

  • Vitamin A helps cell reproduction for younger and more even-looking skin. 
  • Vitamin C is an antioxidant that fights skin aging and damage while improving the appearance of the skin. 
  • Vitamin E is anti-inflammatory. 
  • Vitamin F calms down the skin and prevents water loss. 
  • Omega-6 regulates, maintains, and soothes the skin barrier. 
  • Omega-9 regulates skin hydration levels and improves skin elasticity. 

The brand claims the pH-optimized (5.5-6.5), non-stripping, non-drying wash will moisturize, replenish, and strengthen the skin with a luxe, soft lather. A given with the brand: it's free of SLS/SLES, silicones, Phthalates, Parabens, PEGs, and other environmentally friendly claims. 

This is not my first Eucalyptus body product from the brand. I used their body scrub before and was not impressed because it wasn't deep enough/I like a coarser texture. I'm equally not impressed with the body wash. I tested it in the shower with my silicone scrub brush for a deep clean and gentle exfoliation. 

Perhaps using the scrubber was the wrong call because I kept dispensing more of the body wash to clean the rest of my body. A little does NOT go a long way! It felt like the two shots of vodka meme. 

I didn't like the barely noticeable lather because I prefer the theatrics and texture of rich, foam lathers. While washing, I noticed a bitter, medicinal, and citrus smell, distinctly NOT Eucalyptus/what it smells out of the bottle. After rinsing it off, my skin felt tight and squeaky clean. 

I used my hands to lather and had the same experience: I had to dispense more product, my skin felt tight after rinsing, and the product didn't lather well.   

The Body Lotion 70 ml/2.4 fl oz is a "daily multi-peptide firming lotion for skin." Its ingredients are similar to the body wash—the Vitamins and the Omegas—but with the addition of five peptides. The brand claims it will deeply moisturize for 48 hours, firm, and strengthen the skin.  

I've used peptides on my face before and didn't notice much improvement. Peptides are small moisturizing proteins that can improve the appearance of lines on your face/overall appearance of your skin and reduce inflammation. Didn't notice much effect on lines on my face because I'm in my early 20s. No matter what I try, my face will always have a flush and have slight bloating. 

I am a fan of the tube packaging because I squeezed it like toothpaste onto my body. It's a medium-thickness cream that quickly melts into the skin and doesn't leave oily residue anywhere. I preferred to apply it onto slightly damp skin for better slip. When using it on damp skin, it feels like I'm using less. 

While simultaneously typing this review and trying it, I noticed the subtle scent of minty toothpaste and socks: a stale mustiness and menthol-like smell. You can't smell it from a distance; you'll only detect it if you press your nose against the skin, which I doubt any of you will. 

It's a decent moisturizer for the body, but it's nothing to write home about. This is bougie: I used this at night as a hand cream, and my cuticles noticeably looked less dry.


The Body Serum is 50 ml/1.7 fl oz is a clinical "serum-in-gel" infused with five molecular weights of Hyaluronic Acid (HA - 1.65 MDa, HA - 1.25 MDa, HA - 0.73 MDa, HA - 0.40 MDa, HA - 0.07 MDa) and Niacinamide to hydrate the skin. 

I tried researching more about the different molecular weights of Hyaluronic Acid/molecular weight's relation to the depth of skin penetration, but it was too complex for me. 

The Body Serum was the reason I wanted to get this set because I've tried it before and was pleasantly surprised by how long-lasting the hydration was. 

Sephora only sells the full-size, which is $45. The brand (avoiding having to type the accent) sells the mini version (50 ml) for $28, but you have to pay for shipping. Spending $35 on a trial set, which includes other items I want to try, is a significantly better deal and less wasteful shipping-wise.

This brand is not for you if you're about great-smelling skincare products, or if you want your unscented items to smell like nothing. 

The serum smells a bit sour/Sprite-like with a hint of ginger. Reminds me of Kosas Chemistry AHA Serum Deodorant in Serene Clean, too. One pump is enough for both my arms or both my calves. Dries to a soft-matte texture. 

The last complaint: the pump is crunchy. It doesn't apply in one smooth motion and feels cheap. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!