MCM MODE CREATION MUNICH & ORMONDE JAYNE CHAMPACA PERFUME REVIEW

Raspberry, Apricot
Jasmine, White Peony, Violet Leaf
Vanilla, Sandalwood

This fragrance gave me crazy whiplash. The first time I smelled it, I was hit with Sandalwood and Violet Leaf that transported me to shopping in Abercrombie. The fruit notes were absolutely nowhere to be seen. There were hints of Jasmine and Vanilla, but I didn't smell White Peony. 

My initial impression: it's acceptable, clean, musky, and synthetic. A nice perfume, but certainly not the "crème de la crème of perfumes." I started to question Moonbyul's taste—forgive me, stans.

Trying it again, the fruity notes were more prominent. It's a fruity-floral and musky fragrance with a powerful Violet Leaf accord that continues to evoke Abercrombie. That's the one trait consistent with every trial. 

The White Peony musk is asserting itself more the second time around. Synthetic, powdery, and slightly headache-inducing. Smells alright from a distance, though you will, well, at least, I did, tire of the fragrance pretty quickly. 

If I were to attach this perfume to a celebrity, it would be Hailey Bieber. Beachy waves, lob hair, oversized outerwear, wide-legged jeans, cropped tanks, visible crew socks, and gold jewelry. She seems cool and is probably decent, but how the media portrays her/constantly reports drama related to them makes you feel apathetic. 


Neroli, Pink Pepper, Bamboo
Champaca Absolute, Freesia Absolute, Basmati Rice
Myrrh, Green Tea, Musk

I smell Neroli, Freesia, and some Green Tea. Bright, sparkly, fresh, and floral. I'm not detecting the rice notes. The opening is slightly sweet. Smells classy and clean. Ormonde Jayne's website says Champaca smells like Magnolia, which I get later once the fragrance warms up. No Myrrh, bless. 

Lovely, refined fragrance, but not matronly or overly mature. Since it's youthful and classy, it's a great office or brunch perfume. Prolonged exposure to the bright and fresh notes/aldehydic qualities may cause headaches. Sniffing it repeatedly while I review it has already given me a slight headache, but I overdo the sniffy and am up close and personal with the scent, so take my warning with a grain of salt.

The perfume reminds me of this picture of Mia Goth: she has a headband, her hair is slicked back, fresh face/light make-up, with these statement gold earrings. Timeless, classy, and elegant. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!