LASER SESSION TWO

When it was time for my second session, I contemplated pushing back one week because I wasn't sure if there were hair follicles to treat. There were some strays because my armpit hair grows at different rates, but it didn't look ready. There wasn't even a 5 o'clock shadow. Absolutely no signs of growth.

I should rejoice over this, but it feels like I'm pointlessly getting snapped by a hot rubberband repeatedly.

When I went in, it was relatively empty, and I noticed more people working than usual. 

The last time I went, there were only two employees and four people seated huddled together on a facial bed. Slacking employees or clients? I don't know. Messy scheduling and business practices. Read more about the lack of privacy in my first session post.

Also, the boss was there! She asked me who I was and whether I paid. I paid in advance and made this appointment one month ago, which she confirmed... Once again, messily ran. 

I began to contemplate: is there a point in making an appointment? Despite making one every time beforehand, they're surprised I'm there. I think the other Chinese ladies/the clients randomly walk in because that's the type of shit Chinese ladies do. (I work in a GYN office in a predominantly Chinese neighborhood, so I understand, and it's not racist because I'm also Chinese.) 

Does the boss even share the schedule with her employees?

Since the boss was there, she treated me. The boss had one employee shave me before she went in with the laser. The previous tech from last time was busy, yet again, with a facial. One of the most hardworking people there. However, the facial didn't stop her from walking over while I was getting shaved to comment on her handiwork. Looks good.

I expressed my concern with the timing of my appointment because nothing was there, and they reassured me it was fine. 

The employee shaving me missed some spots, particularly the very edge of my armpits (where it transitions to my boobs or arms.)

In hindsight, I am thankful they missed these spots because the boss/laser tech knows the extent of the area they need to treat.

Unfortunately, they seemed to ignore those hints. Weeks later, I still have these long hairs at the opposite poles of my armpits. Everywhere is relatively clean, but these two stray hairs poke out when I raise my arms in short sleeves. Embarrassing.

I'm hopeful that the follicle will die and the hair will shed, but they're still there. I tug at it to check how it is, and she's intact. She ain't going nowhere! The other stubble has fallen off and collected in my deodorant stick. Lovely...

The employees are friendly, and the boss was much more communicative during the process and checked in on my discomfort/which setting she should use (why am I praising the bare minimum,) but I won't be patronizing their other services. The boss tried to sell me her facial services. She said something to the effect of, "You look like you could use a facial."

Have any of you gone to the European Wax Center for lasering? 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!