STYLEVANA HAUL + REVIEWS

In my last Sephora haul, I purchased a couple of Inkey List moisturizers. Sadly, they aren't working too well. Not a fan of my skin's appearance or feel. Despite using retinol, I'm noticing more texture and discoloration on my face. My PCP prescribed tretinoin for me, but my insurance... 

In anticipation of my insurance's long-awaited clearance, I've purchased more moisturizers because I'm almost out, and my skin will be dry.
  • iUNIK - Rose Galactomyces Silky Tone-Up Cream ($10)

I've had a good experience with iUNIK products. They always end up in my cart because they're affordable and don't have irritating ingredients. 

This product is infused with Galactomyces, rosewater, and natural plant extracts. It's supposed to moisturize and brighten skin. After applying, the product leaves a natural, pinkish tone to the skin. Although it's advertised as a day and night cream, I will only use it during the daytime. 

I am currently using the serum in the same line, and I'm impartial. After reading about the "natural, pinkish tone" it leaves on the skin, I became concerned about experiencing a white cast, but I am happy to report that there is no issue! The product is lightly fragranced with rose. It's only noticeable during application and when wearing a mask. As someone who doesn't like roses, the fragrance doesn't bother me, nor has it irritated my skin yet.

I love how smooth and even my skin looks! One patient even complimented me on my skin. My freshly washed face also appears to be brighter and luminous, kind of like a pearl. Luckily, my bulbous nose with my huge, clogged pores keeps me humble.

Update on the MAKE P:REM sunscreen: the issues I had with the sunscreen are entirely due to the fact I use watery gel creams. Before, I would only layer my serum and gel cream before applying the sunscreen, which made it difficult to evenly spread the sunscreen. Now that I layer this tone-up cream before the sunscreen, it applies MUCH smoother.


  • BEAUTY OF JOSEON - Centella Asiatica Calming Mask ($2)

This sheet mask focuses on hydration and soothing. It contains 15% Centella Asiatica extract, green tea extract, mugwort extract, and three types of hyaluronic acid. The mask is made out of Tencel to better adhere to faces. Tencel is highly breathable and does not clog pores. 

I don't typically use masks because you don't need to use face masks daily if you have a solid routine. Also, single-use packaging is wasteful. Lastly, the face masks are sometimes too effective, leaving my skin feeling even more heavy, oily, and congested.

I didn't experience any oiliness with this mask. I woke up with hydrated, balanced skin. The essence soaks up nicely into the skin. This is a juicy mask, most of them often are, and I used the excess on my arms and legs. It fits nicely on my face, though the eyeholes and nose part of the sheet run small.


  • Abib - Gummy Sheet Mask - Heartleaf Sticker ($3)

Heartleaf cools the skin, balances sebum, and prevents inflammation and aging by flushing. It's effective for acne-prone, sensitive, and scarring-prone skin. 

I received this as a gift in a previous purchase, and I liked the jelly texture of the mask, so I purchased it to try it again. 

I misremembered the texture of the mask. I began having doubts about this mask while writing this post, which was confirmed after retrying. It's a plain cotton mask that's SATURATED in serum/essence, which feels jelly-like. It's not a gel mask. Nonetheless, I enjoyed using this mask. Again, woke up with balanced skin.


  • Dear, Klairs - Midnight Blue Calming Cream (Tube) ($25)

This cult-favorite, blue-tinted cream contains chamomile (Guaiazulene) to help soothe dry, inflamed skin and promote cell regeneration. This sensitive-skin-friendly cream also has Centella extract to heal irritations and blemishes. 

I was incredibly reluctant to get this because I consider it expensive, especially since I've never tried it. Lots of reviewers praise how great it is for redness, dryness, and sensitivity. I'll get back to you on that. 


  • [Deal] Isntree - TW-Real Bifida Ampoule ($1)

It has been a while since I've used Isntree, so I took advantage of this promotion/deal Stylevana had. It was basically free.

This tone and wrinkle care ampoule contains Lactobacillus triple fermentation extract, 88% high- concentration Bifida fermentation extract, and triple peptides. 


Repurchases:
  • iUNIK - Beta Glucan Power Moisture Serum ($10)
  • iUNIK - Beta Glucan Daily Moisture Cream ($10)
  • FRUDIA - My Orchard Hand Cream Passion Fruit & Raspberry ($3)

What are your Stylevana Holy Grails and why? Please comment, so I can check them out and know what to try next time! 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!