LOVE BY KILIAN REVIEW | RIHANNA'S PERFUME


This is Rihanna's perfume, and I am disappointed because I've smelled something similar and it's not something to write home about. It's nice, but not my style.

Lots of people hype up this fragrance and how great Rihanna smells, so I was really looking forward to this perfume. I even made a Sephora purchase JUST to have this sample, which was a gamble because Sephora doesn't always give you the sample you pick. 

Top Notes: Neroli, Bergamot, Pink Pepper, Coriander
Middle Notes: Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Honeysuckle, Rose, iris
Base Notes: Sugar, Caramel, Vanilla, Musk, Civet, Labdanum

Love is about 70% similar to Oriana by Parfums de Marly (I have a review for it). Both fragrances are sweet and creamy because of the sugar/marshmallow notes. Both perfumes also have Bergamot and Orange Blossom in common. However, I find Love Don't Be Shy less sickly sweet than Oriana. 

If you would like to smell sweet and fruity, opt for the Oriana. If you like a warmer floral perfume, slightly chocolatey, I think you'd like Love more. 

I'm surprised Parfums de Marly hasn't been called out for pretty much copying the scent; PdM released Oriana in 2021 and Kilian was released in 2007. 

Both of these perfumes are expensive!!!! Love is $250 for 1.7 oz/50 ml ,and Oriana is $335 for 2.5 oz. 

It has good longevity, but I don't think the sillage is that great.

This will probably also be the only by Kilian perfume I sample. I haven't looked into their other fragrances, and probably won't, unless I want to make some blog content... 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!