Current Skincare Routine (March 2022)

Like I mentioned before in my haul, I have dehydrated, combination skin. I also have a mild fragrance allergy. I am pale, and my main concern is sebaceous filaments/blackheads on my nose and enlarged pores from said issues. Since puberty, I've had great skin, except I get the occasional pimple on my cheek or forehead during my period. 

I once decided to try the "lazy boy's" skin routine (i.e., doing nothing and just using body lotion as face lotion), and nothing happened. My skin did not improve or regress. I'm blessed skin-wise, and I would like to apologize for rubbing that in.

It's basically the same routine, except the final steps for AM/PM are different.


(PM) Good Molecules Instant Cleansing Balm

I stocked up on GM during Black Friday, so you will see their products throughout my routine. 

I like this cleansing balm because it's affordable and comes in a tin, which feels more environmentally friendly. It takes a while for the balm to completely melt between the hands, but it immediately emulsifies once you add water. 

I use this daily to clean the SPF off my skin, and I do not wear waterproof eye makeup, so I can't comment on the efficacy for that purpose. However, it has no problem cleaning eyeshadow, brow products, and red lipstick. 


Isntree Green Tea Fresh Toner

I purchased this because the ingredients are God-tier. There's green tea and Centella, which are soothing antioxidants. It also has white willow bark extract, which contains natural anti-inflammatory salicylates and helps with acne. It's a great basic, soothing toner. I don't see much of a change on my skin.


Good Molecules Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid

I do not like The Ordinary's Niacinamide because it does not layer well with oils (Saint Jane - would not recommend, btw) because it pills. I added hyaluronic acid to my routine for another layer of moisture, but my skin still feels tight even after applying layers of moisturizer. I don't think I will be repurchasing either of these because I don't think my skin needs them since they didn't do much. Plus, many products' formulations already include niacinamide and hyaluronic acid.


Good Molecules Yerba Mate Wake Up Eye Gel

I do think eye cream is a scam. Also, I think this product caused me to have eye styes... I had to WeChat call my dad in HK in the middle of the night in NY to teach me how to concoct the Chinese medicine cure for styes. (Comment below if you want it too.)


(AM) GM BHA Clarify Gel Cream

My sister gave me this gel cream, and I am not a fan. I don't notice any improvement to my skin, and the scent is not the best. Whenever my sister gives me a product, it always smells funky, and I have to ask her when she opened it. 

I've used many BHA products for my blackheads/SF, and none really work, including this one. I've used Paula's Choice (I don't like the formulation's oiliness, did not have less BH/SF, pores looked smaller, and skin was less red), COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid, and The Inkey List BHA serum. 

I recently purchased (a couple hours before editing this post again) The Inkey List's salicylic acid cleanser. Yes, I recently purchased the Matcha cleanser; I like a gentle cleanser for AM and an acne-fighting one for PM.


Isntree Spot Saver Mugwort Cream

My skin feels smoother after using this product. While applying products, I'm always pleasantly surprised by how smooth and soft my skin feels. But that might also be the bakuchiol... It feels really nourishing and gentle. I like the product, however, I won't be repurchasing because I think I can get something similar for a little less. 


(AM) SPF

You can read my review of Benton Mineral Sun Cream here.


(Occasionally) Good Molecules Pineapple Exfoliating Powder

I do not like the smell because it reminds me of sulfur and eggs. They describe its texture once you add water to be a silky paste, but I don't think that's accurate. I use about half a teaspoon and add less than three to five drops of water. It's very watery and not all of the powder dissolves; there are these small blobs of powder while you exfoliate. Formula issues aside, I think this is a great product. The exfoliation is gentle and your skin is brighter immediately after use!


(PM) Cerave Moisturizing Cream

I use this if I'm feeling extra dry. I also use this on my body. My skin still feels tight afterward,  but it really clings to the skin, even after handwashing/face washing/showering. 


(PM) Good Molecules Bakuchiol Oil Blend for Oily Skin

I decided to purchase it because The Ordinary's retinol emulsion didn't do much (I forgot to put it in the refrigerator...) I like having an oil on top at night to lock in the moisture. I read that bakuchiol can help with acne/blackheads, so I might continue using it, but I also want to try CeraVe's retinol.


I plan on adding Derma E's Vitamin C Concentrated Serum to my routine someday for anti-aging. I chose this product in particular because it has Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate.


What's your current skincare routine like? Have you tried The Inkey List's salicylic acid cleanser, CeraVe's retinol, or Derma E's Vitamin C Concentrated Serum?

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!