STYLEVANA HAUL

This is my first time ordering from Stylevana, and it won't be the last. Everything arrived in less than a month, which is great. I worried that I would have to wait months like some people and have a bad experience. Here's what I ordered:

Sunscreen:

My tube of Benton Mineral Sun Cream is almost empty so I needed some new SPF. I was on my mineral SPF journey, but that has apparently stopped... I completely failed to check the ingredient lists/filters for these two products. Luckily they're both non-irritating. I decided to purchase these two because they're cheap and because they're tested

Isntree's Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel (50 ml $14)

It's SPF 50+ PA++++. It is a water-based sun gel with eight types of hyaluronic acid so it's moisturizing, soothing, and cooling. Many skincare influencers have talked about this sunscreen, and I'm somewhat excited to try it. I expect it to be lightweight, moisturizing and have no white cast. I am worried that my skin might get irritated with all the hyaluronic acid in my skincare routine (there will be a post about my routine soon.)

SCINIC - Enjoy Super Mild Sun Essence (50 ml $8)

It's also SPF 50+ PA++++. It provides UVA AND UVB protection, while also hydrating your skin. 

Once I finish my Benton sunscreen, I will open and review these sunscreens one by one. As for my thoughts on Benton's mineral sun cream:

One of the ingredients is rosemary essential oil and you can definitely smell it. If you're avoiding fragrance and essential oils, steer clear. There is a slight white cast/tone-up effect, which I'm okay with, but if you're not sickly looking like me, that will be an issue. It slightly covers up my redness. 

It definitely has a moist and soft texture when applying that the company advertises; it's also slightly cooling, which is probably the essential oil. There's which hazel which can help fight my blackheads and sebaceous filaments (SF). Sadly, I still have a lot of SFs...

My only issue is that it's not as hydrating as I'd like. I have combination, dehydrated skin. My face feels a little tight and dehydrated after a couple of hours. (I try to build layers of moisture in my routine,  plus I drink enough water.)

I find that it's easier to work into the skin when your skin is a little moist/right after moisturizing. It has better slip and it doesn't feel like you're tugging too hard at your skin when you reapply. So reapply moisturizer or spray your face a little before reapplying sunscreen. 


Moisturizer:

Rovectin Clean Lotus Water Cream (60 ml $12)

I've purchased a smaller tube to test out before purchasing my current face cream. Rovectin's cream is fine, but it's not as hydrating as I had hoped. I'm purchasing a larger tube because I am running out of moisturizer, it doesn't have any irritating ingredients, and it's cheap. If animal welfare is of the utmost importance to you, you will be happy to know that it is vegan and cruelty-free. The company is also making changes to be more environmentally friendly: the packaging is printed with soy ink, is made of recycled paper, and is minimal. 

Cleanser:

B_Lab Matcha Hydrating Foam Cleanser (120 ml $9)

I needed a basic, gentle cleanser; this was super affordable. I haven't used it yet, but I already dislike the cap. It's one of those flip ones. It doesn't shut tightly, so I foresee issues in the future. 


I will review these products once I try them out for some time. In the meantime, look out for my next post discussing my current skincare items!

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!