DAVINES MOMO SHAMPOO
I received this sample via Sampl on Instagram ads.
I've seen and heard of Davines, but was never compelled to try anything or to learn more about the company.
This high-end Italian haircare company was founded in the 80s. The B-Corp-certified brand is committed to being more eco-friendly and sustainable by using natural ingredients from regenerative organic agriculture, renewable energy, low-environmental-impact packaging, and giving back to the community. You can learn more about their initiatives on their values page.
When I received the sample of MOMO shampoo, I was struck by the packaging because it was mostly paper, and I didn't know anything about the brand. Once the novelty wore off, I was scratching my head in the shower, trying to figure out how to open it without hopping out for scissors. There's no notch to peel open, but there's a slight fold/preforation(?) on the packaging. I'm dumb and impatient, so I broke it in the middle, which wasn't the best decision. It didn't tear well, and it was a waste of product because everything started flowing out, and now both sides are exposed to the air.
Anyway, more about the shampoo:
Moisturizing shampoo for dry or dehydrated hair. This gentle cleanser enhances hair hydration, leaving strands feeling soft, incredibly manageable, and looking radiant. The lightweight formula delivers natural bounce and movement, revitalizing lifeless hair. With certified regenerative apricot extract, it has polysaccharides to lock in moisture and vitamin A for soft, nourished hair.
It's a very green, earthy, garden scent that reminds me of L'artisan Parfumeur's Iris De Gris. There is a powerful top note of artificial green fig scent that's NOT creamy or sweet like Philosykos. I thought I imagined the note, but the brand confirms that it's one of the notes.
I can picture a farm-to-table cooking retreat providing this shampoo to guests. Paying respects to the earth and its bounties. Embracing nature.
The lather is very airy and foamy. How effectively it cleans is debatable. It's a gentle cleanse that left my roots feeling a little dirty, like scalp-oiling treatment residue, despite repeatedly shampooing. This product is better suited for people with drier scalps or people who need a less stripping cleanse. Although my hair is dry, my scalp gets oily quickly and has itchy patches. I was pleasantly surprised that I had less scalp itch between washes (one wash).
My hair doesn't feel any more hydrated, soft, or radiant. My hair is already pouffy, so it already has "bounce" and movement.
At risk of sounding ungrateful, this should've been a shampoo and conditioner sample.

Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please keep the conversation friendly :D