CELIMAX OIL CONTROL LIGHT SUNSCREEN REVIEW
I've been on the hunt for the perfect sunscreen, and tariffs won't stop me. Before I air out all my grievances, I will give the one flower Celimax's Oil Control Light Sunscreen deserves: the oil is controlled, and it helped me realize I need to look into other oil-control products.
Now to the extensive list of cons:
You really need to put your back into rubbing this sunscreen because it applies WHITE. It was so white and hard to rub in that I thought it was a purely physical sunscreen—straight-up zinc oxide—but it has physical and chemical filters. Also, there are purely physical filter sunscreens that are well-formulated, high-performing, and easy to use.
If you are melanated or short for time in the morning, this is not the product for you! Luckily, I tried this on a day when I had more time to get ready in the morning, so I could redo my skincare. What if I look like James Charles’ Flashback Mary? Be very careful around your hairline and brows because I had trouble getting the sunscreen to blend out. It will make the hair near or on your face look ashy and dusty.
The white cast is not noticeable in natural lighting. If you're pale like me, you can diplomatically say that it has a mild tone-up effect. However, it looks crazy under fluorescent overhead lighting. I look like the Asian girls whose face is at least 3 shades lighter than their necks... That's not the look I'm going for. I want my face and neck to be as close as possible, but my face is a little lighter.
It has a waxy smell that I’ve been complaining about with almost all K-beauty sunscreens I’ve purchased. It’s thicker than other sunscreens like Skin 1004, BoJ, and Seoul 1988.
I was wary of how well it would control oil considering how thick the cream was. I’m more used to watery-textured products for oily skin (that's what's in the market and advertised to oily people). Despite its viscosity, it doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. Definitely see the satin matte texture it’s advertised to give.
At the end of the day, I always look like a grease ball. But when I use this sunscreen, I was just as matte as I was in the morning. No baby hairs sticking to my oily forehead. There was minor clumping around my nose, which I expected with the silica.
I will definitely look into oil-controlling sunscreens for the summer. I've always just accepted that my face will get oily no matter what I use on my skin.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please keep the conversation friendly :D