LASER SESSION EIGHT

This is wild and the pettiest a person can be. I don't post for two months, and the first post is part of a saga where I shit on a small, woman-owned business. 

Since my last post, there have been some changes. Clients have to make appointments via phone now! In the past, I would message the owner on WeChat. 

When I walked in, I saw the paper schedule on the table. It's great they're scheduling clients according to availabilities, recording their names, ensuring everyone on the team knows who's coming in for what, and (hopefully) assigning clients to different employees. 

A new tech assisted me. She's new to me, and possibly to the beauty/facial salon. They're considerate and relatively thorough. Context: I'm wearing a cropped tank top and declined to change into the towel/wrap provided. Since the air conditioning blew directly at me, she asked if I needed something to cover my stomach. How kind, but no thank you. 

She has great customer service, but her technique can be improved. Amanda Bynes?

After my last visit, FKA incompetent one(?) told me to not shave for my next visit, so whoever treating me could assess my progress. My hairs grow sparsely, but they can grow to disgusting lengths. Think middle school boys who haven't discovered personal hygiene yet. Since previous techs also missed some spots, certain hairs were coarser than others. 

While the new tech shaved me, despite being so careful and gentle, she missed a few spots and possibly nicked me. I suspect she nicked me because after she applied the ultrasound gel, there was a menthol-y prickling sensation. 

The techs need to throw their fears out the window. Feel free to manipulate my skin to get the necessary tension to access all the nooks and crannies. I know how difficult it is to shave my armpits because the folds are quite deep. Ms. FKA was mashing my boobs like she was giving me a mammogram and had her eyes centimeters away from my armpits to make sure she got everything. Anything to get the job done! I may have had a bad experience with her, but she's growing on me. 

The new tech spent time and care, but the results did not match the effort. If my shoulders are getting sore, make it worth my while. 

While the shaving skills have room for improvement, her hygiene, from what I sensed because she placed a cloth and eye caps on me, deserves praise.

She wore gloves when she shaved me. Sanitized her hands in front of me before starting. Did not seem to dip back into the ultrasound gel bottle. Forget about nicking my armpits, if you redip the spatula after touching my sweaty pits, that is nasty! And they know I sweat profusely because they have to wipe fabric pills from my armpits before starting. Redipping into sweaty, bloody ultrasound gel... hold my hair back as I retch, please.

New Tech is liberal with the ultrasound gel. The amount of ultrasound gel is a topic of contention in this place. Ms. FKA told my usual tech, Vicky, "There's no need to use that much gel." Vicky didn’t use that much. A light, thin, and resasonable schmear. For example, FKA would be the one-ply toilet paper you get at public restrooms. Vicky would be two-ply. This tech I had today: an entire roll of toilet paper, perhaps a sheet of Bounty paper towel.

I’m laying there arms up and behind my head for a good minute while she starts the laser machine. No warning, the laser wand is on my skin and she starts zapping away. This time was entirely painless. She didn’t ask me if the heat was tolerable/if I felt anything after the first pass, which the techs usually do. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. She didn't have the machine cranked very high because she assessed the growth and knew this was my eighth session.

She made multiple passes everywhere. Other techs would lift and tap as they go, but the one today glided across my armpits. Once she finished both sides, she returned to my right side because I have more and coarser hair there. Despite shaving me and seeing which places need more attention, she, like all other techs, doesn't go low enough on the pit. If you need to zap my boob, zap it!

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!