FINISHED DECANTS APRIL - JUNE

BY KILIAN ANGELS' SHARE

Cognac
Cinnamon, Tonka Bean, Oak
Praline, Vanilla, Sandalwood

Boozy, cinnamon-apple, nutty caramel, smokey wood. A great balance of delicious gourmand notes with smokey woods. The smokiness smells like exotic incense, duh, sandalwood. I smell the oak more than before; it reminds me of the fall and furniture varnish... The faintest vanilla sweetness. It is predominately cinnamon and sandalwood with some sweetness from the cognac, praline, and vanilla. The scent has grown on me, and I like it more than when I first tried it. I appreciate the depth, complexity, and nuances more, but I can't wear this daily. Mainly because it doesn't suit me, and it's better for Fall/Winter, almost exclusively fall. It has decent longevity, and the sillage is intimate. 


BLACK PHANTOM

Dark Chocolate, Rum, Caramel, Coffee, Sugar Cane, Almond, Sandalwood, Heliotrope

This post is unintentionally a part two of my By Kilian post from almost a year ago. Holy shit, I've had these decants for over a year... My first COVID anniversary. 

Rum, chocolate, caramel/sugar, nutty, and creamy heliotrope. I don't smell coffee. It's overshadowed by other gourmand notes and the booziness. Despite the sweet notes of sugar cane and caramel, it's not sickly sweet. Tried it again on my skin, and it is SWEET! The dark chocolate, rum, and sandalwood (another note overshadowed by the gourmands) round out the fragrance with smokiness. Sweet and mysterious.

Although delicious, I still find this fragrance challenging and at once regret spraying it. Perhaps it's my aversion towards the fragrance, but the longevity and sillage are insane. I sprayed it once on my nightshirt and smelled it two days later. It will hold up against tossing, turning, and engulfing yourself in a thick comforter/duvet. 

If you're a fan of the fragrance, you most likely wear it as a date-night perfume.


PLAYING WITH THE DEVIL

Black Currant, White Peach, Litchi, Blood Orange
Pimento, Pepper, Rose, Jasmine
Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedar, Patchouli, Benzoin, Tonka Bean

Intoxicating, spicy, heady, fruity, and mature. Oozing peach, fiery Pimento, thick Benzoin, a hint of Blood Orange, musky, and slightly floral. Is that Tonka Bean, or am I mixing it with something else?

What a naughty fragrance! Makes me feel something in my stomach. It's equally attractive/sexy and stomach-churning. It's like those cringe-y thirst trap videos. Who is this for? Why is this being recommended to me? I can't stop watching for some reason. These people have no shame.

The longevity and sillage are average. I applied the perfume before walking to work and still smelled it when I arrived. It lasted a little after my lunch break, but the perfume failed to make it to the end of the shift. 


TOM FORD SOLEIL NEIGE

Bergamot, Jasmine Flower, Carrot Seed

"A fresh perfume that mimics the serene shimmer of sun on snow, and the cool reflection of winter sun brightening with glacial light. Fresh bergamot, sumptuous pale blooms and the warmth of skin-gripping musk evoke a sojourn to an alpine getaway"

Heliotrope, sunscreen, tart bergamot, floral musk that smells like baby wipes. I struggled to finish this decant. I hated the fragrance more with each day I had to wear it. The atomizer is awful. No more Tom Ford for me. 


DIOR J'ADORE: Ylang-Ylang, Damascus Rose, Jasmine Grandiflorum, Jasmine Sambac.
Hate it less than before, but still makes my stomach turn a little. Juicy, heady, and sweet. The sweetness reminds me of pears. Super jasmine dominant with musky rose. Because I hated it, I'm even more conservative than usual with my sprays. Is it the perfume or my aversion? The sillage is inescapable. 


LANCĂ”ME LA VIE EST BELLE: Iris Padilla, Patchouli, Vanilla, Spun Sugar. 
Super Iris-y and SWEET. It's a fragrance I know I can spray without hesitation. It's a middle-of-the-road sort of fragrance. It's a bit too sweet for my liking, but the sweetness becomes more tame, and there's an addictive musk and richness to the perfume. 


BYREDO LA TULIPE: Cyclamen, Freesia, Rhubarb. Tulip. Blonde Woods, Vetiver
Great longevity, sillage is weak. Powdery floral, not super sweet, or overly musky. An approachable, inoffensive floral.

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!