MACY'S FRAGRANCE SAMPLES

Samples courtesy of Sopost. Some sample cards write what fragrance family they belong to, so I included that too. Not every card explicitly listed notes as top, heart, or base. I tried to replicate their formatting. 


D&G DEVOTION EDP

Candied Citrus
Orange Blossom
Vanilla

Bright gourmand. 

SO SWEET. Smells like ChaTraMue Thai Green Tea leaves at first. Lemony and vanilla-y. Warm and creamy fragrance. 1.5/5


CAROLINA HERRERA GOOD GIRL EDP

Almond
Tuberose, Jasmine
Tonka Bean, Cocoa

Oriental, seductive, and strong. 

Jasmine, Tuberose, and Tonka Bean. Doesn't smell "oriental." Are tonka beans and jasmine considered exotic and oriental? Several fragrances with these or similar notes aren't regarded as oriental. It smells like a typical floral fragrance. I cannot smell almonds or cocoa. 2/5


MARC JACOBS DAISY WILD EDP

Jasmine, Vetiver, Banana Blossom

Sweet jasmine and a heady floral musk. Another uninspiring, repetitive floral. Considerably muskier than the rest. 1/5


GIORGIO ARMANI MY WAY NECTAR EDP

Bergamot Heart, Pear Accord, Tuberose, Madagascar Vanilla.

Opens up like cherry syrup. Bergamot zest, musky, and green. Using the entire tuberose plant. A little minty. Warm vanilla. 3/5. It's the most interesting fragrance in this line-up. I may be prejudiced because I enjoyed the original My Way. 


LANCOME IDOLE EDT 

Bergamot, Juicy Pear, Pink Peppercorn
Rose, Jasmine
White Musk, Vanilla, Patchouli, Cedarwood

The sample card had no useful information about the fragrance, so I went to the Lancome website for notes. Smells like Santal 33, but pink and fruity. Super bergamot-y, rosey, musky, and peppery. The sillage is insane. It's only one spray and it's assaulting my nose! This is the perfume for attention-seekers. People know you're here before you even enter the room. 2/5


GUCCI FLORA GORGEOUS GARDENIA EDP

White Gardenia. Grandiflorum Jasmine. Pear Blossom

Overly sweet/mainly pear blossom and vanilla. Doesn't smell like gardenia. I forget which cologne it reminds me of, but it does smell like a cologne.1/5

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!