BEAUTY SAMPLES

HARUHARU WONDER BLACK RICE MOISTURE AIRYFIT DAILY SUNSCREEN

This was in my cart until I realized I had a sample. It has a thick, waxy texture, and a velvety (slightly tacky when reapplying) finish as advertised. Despite being thick, it doesn't feel heavy on my face. The formula is great. I removed it from my cart because of the smell, which no one else has complained about. If you have/had the same issue, comment below! Once I squeezed it from the sachet, I was hit with a waxy, sour smell reminiscent of crayons. The smell goes away as you rub in the product. Surprisingly, the sample wasn't expired. It expires in 2026; plenty of time. So happy I tried the sample/didn't buy everything in my cart on impulse. 

At the end of the day, I didn't look as shiny as I typically do. There is slight dew. This sunscreen can be good for people with oily skin because of the velvety texture/controlled shine, but the thick texture might not create the most pleasant application experience. Despite the emollient texture, it's not the best for dry skin types. I have combination skin/a drier U-zone. My skin felt tight at the end of the day. Decent sunscreen, but the smell is a huge hurdle.


DEAR, KLAIRS FRESHLY JUICED VITAMIN CHARGING SERUM

Stylevana offered me three sachets, which is not enough! There is absolutely nothing in these tiny packs of plastic. "Apply an adequate amount" must mean a drop. Absorbs nicely into the skin. It has a silicone-y gel texture that feels like lube... 

Didn't experience any burning/stinging, and interacts with other products well. No pilling with my moisturizers or SPF. I didn't get a chance to use it long enough to get the full brightening, firming, and skin texture benefits. However, the faint red spots on my face seemed less noticeable, and my skin complexion looked more even. Disclaimer: I'm using Hado Labo's Shirojyun Toner and Geek & Gorgeous's aPAD, which both have brightening benefits. I also use G&G's A-Game .05 Retinal Serum. It could be the Klairs serum, other products, or hormonal-related. Overall, it's an elegant formulation. 


DERMALOGICA DYNAMIC SKIN RETINOL SERUM


I do not mind the light, sweet scent of the product. It's a serum that absorbs quickly and has no sticky or heavy feel. I didn't have any irritation with this product. FYI: I've been using some form of retinol for almost three years now, and I didn't use the sample every day. Those new to retinol or using this product more often than me/incorrectly may experience irritation. It's formulated with a 3.5% Retinoid Complex to be a continual release. 

I only have one sample, so I cannot accurately comment on its effects on fine lines, textures, tone, and pores. Again, it can be a culmination of other factors, but my nose pores appear less congested and smaller. I would love to test the serum, but it's $95! I would love to see its long-term effect on my pores, and the fine lines under my eyes. I am not someone who typically uses eye cream or brings up my retinol to my under eyes, but I am curious. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!