STYLEVANA MAKEUP HAUL - EYELINER ISN'T MY FRIEND

Etude House My Lash Serum + Dr. Mascara Fixer Black ($8)

According to the EH website, this serum has been beloved for the past 15 years, and they upgraded the formula to a "clean base." This new transparent formula supposedly "absorbs into the skin without stickiness." They state the key ingredient is biotin, which is weird because it's listed second to last. In addition to the non-scientifically backed biotin, there's green tea water, ginger root extract, tocopherol, and alcohol. 

I slightly regret purchasing this serum, but it's better than nothing and slathering on castor oil, which ends up causing blurry vision for me. The formula, as advertised, absorbs quickly. I don't notice thicker or longer lashes/brows. 

I purchased the Mascara Fixer as insurance because I purchased other mascaras that didn't explicitly state that they're waterproof. Lashes did not drop after application, zero clumping, and the lashes looked sleek/clean. I used it as a mascara. As someone who only uses one coat of mascara, I didn't enjoy applying mascara on top of the fixer. It's so dry and rough!


PeriPera Ink Thin Thin Brush Liner Black Noir ($5)

Not my fave because it's watery. The color is not opaque like in the promotional photos. You need several passes to build up the contrast, which can quickly go awry. If you lay a pencil/eyeshadow base and top it with a liquid liner, then opacity won't be an issue. It is best suited for people who want soft black/buildable eyeliner or if you're new to using eyeliner. The brush is thin, long, and precise, so you can draw clean lines. However, it dries out very quickly! Would not recommend it. 


Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner Brown Black ($8)

This eyeliner is another flop. It's not opaque, even after multiple passes. Smooth application. Love how thin the brush tip is, and it's comparatively longer than the PeriPera one, which makes it even easier for me to pull thin, steady lines. I prefer the brush on this liner, but it's so watery and patchy! One good thing about this waterproof eyeliner is it's easy to remove with an oil cleanser. However, that means it doesn't last! I rubbed my eye and she was gone.


MERZY The First Easydrawing Gel Eyeliner Conte + Chestnut ($5)

Holds up well against sweat. I used to wear eyeliner for work, but I'm out of practice, so I bought this beginner-friendly liner. It doesn't have a point, so drawing thin lines is difficult. It's soft enough to not scratch your lids, but it takes pressure to get the opacity you want. I realized eyeliner isn't my thing after trying these liners. I do not recommend it. If it were softer and thinner, I would test it again. 


Romand Han All Fix Mascara Long Black ($6)

A formulation designed to achieve oil and water resistance and no clumping or smudging. rom&nd Han All Fix Mascara delivers sharp styling with long-lasting hold and all-day definition.

It ticks all the advertised boxes. After an entire workday with my mask on the whole time, I didn't experience panda eyes, nor did my lashes drop. It enhances your lashes without making them too clumpy or long. Perfect for those who want a clean, slick lashes look. The price has increased since I drafted this post from $6 to $9, but it's still incredibly affordable and better than the US drugstore mascaras I've tried. 


Romand Juicy Lasting Tint ($7)

Personal preference: nucademia is prettier. It is closer to my lip color, more subtle, and less aggressively pink than almond rose. They're both "My Lips But Better" shades. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!