BYREDO LA TULIPE AND MOJAVE GHOST

The last of my STC haul. I was busy finishing other decants and forgot about these two. This will probably be my last foray into Byredo fragrances because I found two standouts, Bal D'Afrique and Rose of No Man's Land (the latter is my number one), and none of Byredo's other perfume compositions call to me. Byredo was the first stop on my fragrance journey, and it was a great start to a beautiful adventure. 


LA TULIPE

Cyclamen, Freesia, Rhubarb
Tulip
Blonde Woods, Vetiver

Freesia, Tulip, powdery, musky, creamy, and screams Spring. Lovely, youthful, and classy. Saving this for warmer weather because it's wasted in cold, dank New York weather. It reminds me of one of Nature Republic's hand creams because it has a clean floral scent, and I know all too well that Koreans love clean, soapy, and powdery smells. (This is a conclusion I reached after watching COPIOUS amounts of fragrance tours and What's in My Bag videos.) 

It's a great fusion of Blanche and Flowerhead that addresses my issues with said fragrances. I found Blanche clean and soapy to a nauseating degree because of its aldehydic qualities. Flowerhead is also nauseating and oppressing with its abundance of powerful, musky, and domineering white florals. 

La Tulipe has a clean floral scent. Slightly sweet, not too musky, has a soft powderiness, and feels more well-rounded/smooth. If you also didn't like Blanche or Flowerhead in the past, definitely try La Tulipe. Another comparison: Jo Malone's English Pear and Freesia. La Tulipe is muskier and warmer than English Pear & Freesia. It's Spring vs Autumn. La Tulipe also leans more feminine. La Tulipe is a long wool coat/beige trench, whereas English Pear & Freesia is an oversized leather-sherpa trim jacket. 


MOJAVE GHOST

Ambrette, Nesberry
Magnolia, Sandalwood, Violet
Cedarwood, Musks, Vetiver 

Direct from the decant: this smells like something my sister would like. Warm and woody.

On the skin: WOAH! This is much more berry-forward than expected after smelling it straight from the sample. I understand why Ouai chose this scent for their collaboration because it smells like North Bondi and Melrose Place/perfect for their haircare brand.

There is a tinge of baby wipes... much like North Bondi. I like the perfume, but this baby wipe scent is throwing me off. Having trouble smelling anything other than Nesberry(?) It's sweet and fruity with a powderiness that's probably from Violets. There is a light creamy floral musk. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!