FREDERIC MALLE CARNAL FLOWER

Water fruits (melon) + Vegetal notes; Tuberose (fresh aspect)
Tuberose (milky aspect); Musk 

Blooming magnetism.

An initial impression of innocence and flower-shop freshness disperses to reveal a more lustful tuberose. These dark and spicy notes surrender to ones of milky comfort, enhanced by white musk, to draw out the tuberose’s aura of lingering sensuality.

Erotic flower. 


MUSKY, rosey, spicy, earthy/green, grassy, and rich. I also smell lilies, which is my least favorite flower. 

The opening is aggressive and pungent, but it calms down significantly. Their description is off the mark. The perfume is not initially innocent, coy, or coquettish. From the get-go, the fragrance is lustful and intense. This boldness and assertiveness is the complete opposite of naive. 

This post will get slightly explicit/NSFW, so prepare your pearls for clutching. 

You intentionally wear the most accentuating clothes to the club for a hook-up. You spot someone in the club, lots of eyeing from a distance, things escalate quickly, you go back to your place/their place, fun times ensue, maybe you/they have unusual interests, and then they clean you up. There may be cuddling or other aftercare. 

I tried to keep the description gender-neutral, but this perfume smells traditionally feminine. 

Upon the second try, I found it much less aggressive. Someone confident that owns their sexuality is fantastic at their job or simply going out would wear this. I cannot imagine someone spineless and sniveling wearing this. It would be out of character for them and would not suit them. It would be the equivalent of a toddler wearing their parents' shoes. Cute...

Suddenly picturing a capable, young lawyer who will be a partner in just one year of working there—I do not know shit about law, so whether this is possible is beyond me—or a trailblazer in politics going up against the most corrupt organizations. YSL Le Smoking or another impeccably tailored power suit. Stilettos. Red lipstick. It sounds like AOC, but she's not the one I'm picturing. Think fictional and in the next hit television drama. 

I've never watched Scandal, but my description sounds like what I pieced together from trailers. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!