DEATH AND FLORAL THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE BECOME GHOSTS INSIDE YOU & THE SWEATER WE BURIED YOU WITH IS HANGING IN MY CLOSET

Heavenly musk, lingering funeral flowers, cold scent of vanilla in an empty corridor, handprints on a foggy window

A heavy atmospheric fragrance that has been reported to cause feelings of intense emotion and is sometimes unpleasant in its vulnerability. Not for the faint-hearted! 

Wanting to cry mode engaged. Sniffing the bottle like a drug dog at the airport. I smell Rootbeer Dum Dum lollipops. 

Musky, warm, and florally (I think I smell lilies, but that's because I associate the flowers with funerals.) There's a sour smokiness to it that's medicinally and herbally. The base reminds me of Trumpet Brand Seirogan, which I used for stomachaches and diarrhea. How nice... 

Not a fan. As a matter of fact, hate it! The florals are mature and unpleasant. It's an unpleasant experience that leaves me vulnerable and doubled over with an intense emotion of disgust. 

Because I know the notes and the name, I can imagine an older woman's funeral in an old church. The church has the smell of old, dried flowers and incense ingrained into the pews and the wooden infrastructure. Think of it like the grandma from Hereditiary's funeral or The Viy, except without the young maiden. 


SWEATER

A luscious blend of three different vanillas, resinous amber, Arabian sandalwood, a soft cashmere sweater

Sadly, the brand doesn't have pictures of their fragrances, so enjoy another one of my "graphic design is my passion" creations! It looks super pixelated because of how blogger shrinks pictures. 

Smells like a Homegoods fall candle: ambery, creamy, sandalwood, and reminds me a bit of popcorn. It's not vanilla-forward as I had expected. There are supposed to be three, but I barely smell one. It reminds me of an incredibly washed-down Guerlain Shalimar / Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur. This is perfect for those who like Shalimar or MR's dry-down and want to skip the oriental/polarizing (IMO) musky opening notes. 

This is what Christian girl autumn smells like. She's drinking a latte or chai in her home with an oversized sweater, bundled in a blanket on her wheat/cream cloud couch with throw pillows up the wazoo. The fireplace, real or fake, is on. Has a wooden boat-shaped bowl filled with woven wicker(?) balls, pumpkins, or apples. She doesn't like using aerosol cans or those wall plug-ins, so she makes a lot of simmer pots. Weirdly, scented candles are also lit everywhere. She does it for the vibes and double-checks they're safe to burn. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!