ELVIVE HYALURON PLUMP MOISTURE PLUMP SERUM & 8 SECOND WONDER WATER LAMELLAR RINSE REVIEW

I bought some new hair stuff during my Ulta spree. 

Some background on my hair: mid to end gets slightly wavy after air-drying, my baby hairs get super wavy, occasionally use heat, medium density, normal thickness (is coarser these days,) low porosity, past shoulder-length, never color treated, lots of frizz/flyaways, and noticing more shedding (shower drain, hair brushes, on the floor, and on my pillow.) 

I don't brush my hair often because it ends up even frizzier. 

I also do not sleep with a silk cap on because I struggle to get my big head and all my hair in it. Plus, I hate having something on my head when I sleep. I have a silk pillowcase, but I don't notice any difference. 

I wash my hair every two days/when I get sweaty because I have BO issues. Tall people that go in for a hug with me should a) don't hug me, b) hold their breath, or c) look the other way!

My hair concerns are shine, frizz, hydration, and shedding. 

The first product I tried was Elvive Hyaluron Plump Serum. It has a powerful fruity, berry scent, so be careful if you have a bee allergy. The fragrance might also interfere with your perfume or cause headaches. The notes are bright berries, mandarin, vanilla, and sandalwood. 

It's for dry hair. The company claims the product locks in moisture for up to 72 hours, achieving "shinier, bouncier, free-flowing hair [when used with the system]." I didn't purchase the entire system. I don't need more shampoo or conditioners.

It's infused with a 2% Hyaluronic Care Complex. You can use it on wet or dry hair. 

My hair felt softer afterward but didn't look bouncier or shinier. No crunchiness, tackiness, or build-up. It delivers on its no-weigh-down claims. My hair felt hydrated the longer I spent without washing my hair. I still experience dryness and frizz. I haven't achieved the advertised level of shine and sleekness. 

The longer between washes, my hair looked matted together, for lack of better words. Different sections of hair would move together in opposite directions. There wasn't a natural and beautiful body or movement to my hair.

"Instant hair transformation in 8 seconds with L'Oréal Elvive 8 Second Wonder Water rinse-out treatment for silkier, shinier, healthier looking hair. Color Safe." Fragrance notes of mandarin, peach, coconut water, and musk.

This smells like Alien Goddess by Mugler/Beach Walk by Margiela. Very coconutty, musky, floral, and beachy.

I usually used it in conjunction with the serum and hair mask. Even though I use these products together, I haven't achieved the hydration and sleekness I desire. I oil my scalp and take biotin supplements. Why am I not achieving my hair goals? I've tried custom hair care in the past, and it didn't work either.

My one complaint with the bottle is the measure markers do not continue throughout. The tapering part of the bottle doesn't have measurement lines. Am I supposed to stop using it? I'm just supposed to eyeball it now? Then, I don't need the measurement lines. I'm going to freeball everything. 

What are some of your holy grail hair products?

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!