THÉ MATCHA 26 REVIEW



Fig, Matcha Tea, Cedar, Bitter Orange, Vetiver

I was wrong. In a previous post, I mentioned how I revisited Le Labo and how much I liked this scent, even going as far as recommending it to my sister. At the time, it smelled like something she'd love. Now I'm embarrassed I did that. It still seems like something she'd like, but the citrus notes are too much.

It smells completely different on me than on the fragrance cards. In-store, it smelled smokey, woody, mysterious, and sophisticated. On my skin, it's much more citrusy, borderline astringent. It's still woody (I smell the cedar and vetiver), but not in the same way. It's sour and similar to wood shavings. The dry-down is fresh and clean, though there's no more woodiness.

This isn't a fragrance that accurately captures the scent of matcha. I can't smell the matcha or the fig. Reiterating previous Fragrantica reviews: synthetic, headache-inducing, linear. It's unisex but veers more masculine. 

I am convinced perfumes weren't meant to last on me, granted I don't profusely dab these decants on me, but I still expect them to perform better considering their price point. It's soft, quiet, and lovely after an hour. I can't count on it for days out or at work. 

If you want to try this perfume but don't have a Le Labo nearby or don't want to purchase a sample/decant (Le Labo sells manufactured samples online,) Method's Vetiver and Amber hand soap smells similar.

Who would wear this...

Walking their rescue dog, shopping at farmers' markets with freshly baked bread in their tote/net bag, drinking strong, unsweetened iced tea down the street, ordering sidecars or negronis, and reading magical realism/latest literary fiction on the subway. That person you go on only one date with because you don't have much in common, but they're nice and cool enough to be friends with. They love niche films, indie pop/electronic music, and funky ceramics. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!