SALLY HANSEN CUTICLE MASSAGE CREAM VS. OPI PRO SPA TO-GO REVIEW

I have some dry and nasty cuticles from constantly washing my hands at work. Occasionally, I'll remember to apply my Karlash Cuticle Oil before bed/when I'm free. After using it, I'm reminded why I don't reach for it. 

No one sits there, just waiting for their oil to absorb; they touch their phone, queue up something to watch, go on social media, etc., and the oil makes everything greasy! Not fun.

I picked up two cuticle products on my little hair and nails shopping spree to, hopefully, encourage me to revitalize my cuticles. 


1. Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream

On Ulta, this product is $7 but was on sale for $5. The net weight is 11.3g/0.4 oz. The product moisturizes cuticles with shea butter, apricot oil, and lanolin. It has a whipped, waxy texture, which is expected because it has beeswax. It's peach-scented.

The whipped-like texture makes the product light and easy to rub in. It doesn't have any oily residues. There are no stains on my computer as I type this. However, there is a waxy residue, which some people might not like, but I don't mind because it's preferable over oils. The waxiness feels like it's a veneer sealing in moisture.

You don't need a lot of it to moisturize your cuticles. A couple of swipes across the surface is enough to seal your cuticles. 


2. OPI ProSpa Nail & Cuticle Oil To-Go

Originally $12, I got it for $7. There is 7.5 mL/0.25 fl oz of product. I first saw this on Matilda on Video's favorite cuticle and hand products. Made with cupuaƧu, avocado, grape seed, sunflower seed, and sesame seed oil, this fast-absorbing oil helps protect, replenish, and strengthen nails on the go.

Smells citrusy and like Aesop's Geranium hand sanitizer. Goes on jelly-like and melts into a thick, balm-like oil. The brush makes it easy to apply the oil without flooding the nails. It is fast absorbing and there isn't much transfer on my keyboard. Though it's still a little greasy, it's much more manageable than liquid, runny oils.

The OPI oil is more convenient and hydrating, so I reach for it more often than the cream. I have some complaints about the product design. Even when you squeeze lightly, too much product is dispensed and stuck at the base of the bristles rather than the tip. I had to dab the excess equally among nail cuticles, then use the brush to even it. 


I enjoy both of these products, the OPI a little more, and my cuticles look less dry than they used to. The next matter at hand is how do I fix my peeling right thumb fingernail? Why is it happening to this one nail? Glad it's a mild case, but it's still inconvenient.

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!