MACY'S DIOR SAMPLE BOX

J'ADORE EDP

Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Jasmine

THE ICONIC DIOR FLORAL

A bouquet finely crafted down to the last detail, like a custom-made flower. Ylang-Ylang essence with its floral-fruity notes and Damascus Rose essence from Turkey are blended with a rare, voluptuously sensual duo: Jasmine Grandiflorum from Grasse and Indian Jasmine Sambac.

Uninspiring and unexciting. J'Adore is another generic white floral, jasmine-forward perfume that I find offensive. It's too strong, overpowering, and headache-inducing. This is all with just ONE SMALL spray. You're doing too much! 

It can be pleasant when you catch a *light* whiff passing by [a trash can/the sewers,] but having it on you for extended periods is torturous. It might be even worse than the garbage sitting out in the summer!

Its sweetness and warmth are linear with near-eternal longevity.

It's not youthful; I see a more mature elegant-posing lady wearing this. She seems like the most well-put-together person but is evil and rotten. The Lady Catherine de Bourgh of perfumes, so to speak. Super feminine. 

I need to wash it off.


SAUVAGE EDP

Bergamot, Patchouli, Vanilla Absolute, Nutmeg

The powerful freshness of SAUVAGE exudes mysterious and sensual facets. Spicy and juicy bergamot unfurls a woody trail enveloped in vanilla absolute.

I only know this perfume because of the Johnny Depp ads, and now I have flashbacks of the trial and Maïwenn. YIKES!

Musky, earthy, and warm. Sauvage is Patchouli dominant with faint suggestions of vanilla. It smells generic and is also one-dimensional. Take this with a grain of salt because all fragrances marketed towards men smell the same to my nose. They all feature the same notes: bergamot, Patchouli, Tonka, lavender, some type of resin/balsam, etc. My nightmare blunt rotation.

I've had the perfume on for a while, so it has enough time to warm up, develop, and show me another facet of itself. It smells almost exactly like when I first applied it. There's a citrusy opening, but that's not exactly groundbreaking or particularly noteworthy. Name one fragrance that doesn't open up the same way. Decent sillage and almost-eternal longevity: I sprayed it on last night, and it's still lingering!  

Perhaps it's because I use decants, but sprays/mainstream fragrances are out-performing some indie and "indie" brands I've tried. 


MISS DIOR EDP

Peony, Lily-of-the-Valley, Centifolia Rose, Tender Woods/Soft Musk

A delectable smooth velvet rose as if embroidered with a thousand shimmering colorful flowers. Like an olfactory "millefiori", freshness and sensuality are intertwined to enhance the most couture fragrance by the House of Dior. 

Very sweet and reminds me of Flowerbomb. I'm hit with more vanilla than florals, which is surprising because Dior ads push the florals. I also smell my nemesis Tonka Bean. I prefer this over J'Adore, but I wouldn't purchase this either: it doesn't suit me, I don't like it, and there are exciting perfumes out there. Per usual, good longevity. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!