NEW/NICHE BRANDS WISHLIST AND DEEPDIVE IV

These brands are new to me, but perhaps not to you. I'm still learning about different brands and fragrances. 

Notes in this post, for the most part, are separated into top, heart, or base. Each category will be separated by periods; notes within each category will be separated by commas. Sometimes brands list notes without dividing them into top, heart, or base. I might explain my choices or only place an asterisk following what I find exciting. 

The ongoing trend with these posts is my affinity for citrus, ylang-ylang, tea, peach, chocolate/cacao, and mint/certain herbs. I am intrigued by Oud because I rarely try it. Keep this in mind when there are no explanations.

I sometimes purchase these samples, depending on availability and my whims. When looking at these compilations, I often notice dislike for my selection. Why did I pick that? 


FLORIOGRAPHY: based in Hong Kong and established in 2018, the brand explores, experiments, and curates curious and interesting scents of everyday life. The creators embarked on their perfume journey after discovering fragrance species in Hong Kong and in wider Asia that were untapped and unexplored. (When I go back to HK, I want to visit them. They have an offline shop in Kwun Tong, which is perfect because I'm headed there anyway!)

  1. No. 01 Old Bookstore: Pine, Black Spruce. Musks, Vetiver, Vanilla.
    • If you didn't know, I use to be a book blogger and an avid reader. 
  2. No. 34 After Rain Earth Perfume: Wet Earth, Mint, Herbs. Fern, Rain, Galbanum. Vetiver, Oakmoss. 
    • I love Petrichor and how the air smells after it rains.
  3. No. 39 Osmanthus Tea: Osmanthus, Jasmine, Apricot. Osmanthus, Green Tea.Musks, Woody. 
    • As someone who isn't an avid tea drinker, it's surprising how often I gravitate toward tea scents.
  4. No. 60 852 Concrete: Rice. Smoke, Earth, Tar, Metal. Sandalwood, Amber.
    • Something I never go for and never see. 
  5. No. 61 852 Orchid: Jade Orchid. Jade Orchid, Sea Breeze, Mountain Air. Coconut, Musks.
    • If you've been to HK, you might encounter an old lady selling these flowers in these clear plastic baggies. 
  6. No. 82 Ethereal Lilies: Lily of the Valley, Barlett Pear, Ozone, Hyacinth, Ylang Ylang

KISMET OLFACTIVE: a New York City-based independent fragrance studio founded by bohemian-perfumer Shabnam Tavakol. Shabnam founded Kismet to establish a more intimate, inclusive, and ‘naturals’-integrative approach to fine fragrance creation. 

  • FINE FRAGRANCE
    1. THE POET: Grapefruit, Ambrox. Casablanca Lily, Ambrette Musk, Frankincense. Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Patchouli
    2. NYMPHEAS (WATER LILIES): Pond water. Maté, Lily of the Valley, Lotus. Vetiver, Oakmoss
    3. WEDDING IN OAXACA: Pink Pepper, Ginger, Coconut Milk. Geranium, Gardenia, Violet Leaves. Osmanthus, Musk, Sandalwood
  • STUDIO SCENT – HOME FRAGRANCE: Bergamot. Turkish Fig, Persian Black Tea, Lavender. Amberwood, Oakmoss, Palo Santo


This is a significantly shorter wishlist because I looked at many brands. When you write four of these posts, you encounter new compositions, but most of the time, they are about the same. 


LOOKED AT:

  1. DIME BEAUTY CO. 
  2. ARQUINESIA
  3. 1454 FRAGRANCE CO.
  4. ZIMMER PARFUMS
  5. ATUM
  6. MES BISOUS (I love the packaging!) 
  7. VYRAO (love the branding) 
  8. MIND GAMES (lots of interesting compositions and new synthetics I've never encountered before. Love the chess concept, even though I don't know shit about chess.)

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!