BDK GRIS CHARNEL REVIEW

Fig, Black Tea, Cardamom Essence. Iris Absolute, Bourbon Vetiver. Indian Sandalwood, Tonka Bean Absolute

I'm mainly getting Cardamom, Iris, Tonka Bean, and Sandalwood. It's a smokey fragrance that reminds me of TF's Black Orchid. I'm not getting any figs, which is disappointing because that's part of the reason I want to try it. It is a little metallic and unidimensional. 

I placed two layers of the fragrance on my wrist to try, and I don't smell it anymore. The longevity and sillage aren't worth the price of $200. WHERE IS IT? It hasn't even been an hour yet. I'm typing, and it's not transferring onto my laptop. 

While talking about the application, I felt a tingly, cooling sensation on my wrist. There is also a menthol-like and peppery sensation when I smell it. Did anyone else experience this? Or is it just in my head after reading someone say it reminds them of after-shave?

Many people said this fragrance "leans more masculine," which I agree with, but it is unisex as advertised.

The third time I tried it when almost a quarter of the decant was gone, it smelled a little off. More smokey, earthy, and dirty (the vetiver.) The iris is still omnipresent. 

No tea, fig, or cardamom scent. That may be because it's a decant of the perfume, and the head notes dissipated. It's all heart and base notes. 

Quite disappointed with the fragrance because of how hyped it is. It's not good. The profile is monotonous, the longevity is unsatisfactory, and there's no fig. If you want something similar and more bombastic, Black Orchid is better in terms of sillage, longevity, and complexity, though it's not my favorite fragrance.

Concluding statement: watered down Black Orchid. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!