NEW/NICHE BRANDS WISHLIST AND DEEPDIVE

Instagram is cognizant of my fragrance addiction, and they are my enablers. I'm constantly coming across niche brands I have never heard of before (but you might.) It's not great for my wallet, but it's easy content! 

Once again, the top, heart, and base notes are separated by periods. The indented text explains why I want to try. Sometimes I will just use an asterisk next to the notes as an explanation instead. I've probably never tried the note before or found them exciting when reading.

AEDES DE VENUSTAS: I've been to the boutique before learning anything about them. So many brands and options. I recommend going to their website, finding all the perfumes (and home fragrances) they carry, creating a list, and going into the store prepared.

  1. Aedes de Venustas [Signature]: Rhubarb, Tomato Leaf, Vetiver, Green Apple, Incense, cannabis, Honeysuckle, Pink Pepper, Hazelnut
    • The reasons I want to try: this is representative of the brand and the perfect introduction. The rhubarb, tomato leaf, and cannabis scent notes intrigue me.
  2. Palissandre d'Or: Ambrette (Musk Mallow). Nutmeg, Pink Pepper, Coriander, Cinnamon. Patchouli, *Copahu Balm*, Cedar, Ambroxan, Sandalwood.
  3. Pélargonium: Bergamot, Clary Sage, Cardamom, Black Pepper, Mandarin Orange, *Sichuan Pepper*. African Geranium, Elemi resin, Carrot Seeds, Orris Root. Vetiver, Moss, Guaiac Wood, Musk, Cedar.

MIZENSIR: I went over the full catalog twice. I had a lot after perusing the first time, then I over-pruned the list, so I went back again. Coeur de Cologne is back, but there are many new ones on the list. They have a customizable four-fragrance discovery set, which I found out afterward, and I just so happen to have four!

  1. Coeur de Cologne: Lemon, Neroli, Bergamot. Orange Blossom, *Liatris*. Musk, Incense.
    • This looks basic and generic if it weren't for the Liatris. Pretty safe perfume.
  2. Original Oud: Bourbon Geranium, Cardamom. Leather, Woody Notes, Iris, Gurhan Balsam. Laotian Oud, White Wood, Sandalwood.
    • Trying more oud.
  3. Poudre d'Or: *Tiare Flower, Jasmine. Musk, Iris. Sandalwood, Madagascar Vanilla.
  4. Vert Empire: Mandarin Orange, Cardamom, *Paradisone. Petitgrain, Angelica, Ambroxan. Sage, Australian Sandalwood, Benzoin.

TOKYO MILK: I've known about this brand for a couple of years now. Their maximalist, kitschy packaging stood out to me then and now. Sadly, from what I've seen in reviews, they/Margot Elena fragrances have terrible longevity. Also, the catalog, compared to what is listed on Fragrantica, has significantly shrunk.

  1. 20000 Flowers Under the Sea (No. 31): White Lily, Ylang-Ylang, Salt, *Coral Reef*
  2. Radiant Gem: *Daphne*, Amber, Lemon Balm, Musk.
  3. Savage Belle: *Coal*, *Wisteria*, Ginger, Bergamot.
  4. Song In D Minor: Gardenia, African Orange Flower, White Orchid, Amber.
  5. *Sonoran Bloom*: Agave, Clay, Rain Notes, Cactus Flower.
  6. Tainted Love: Vanille, Sandalwood, Orchid, Tea.
  7. *And Soul No. 01*: Oolong Tea, Bamboo, Ozonic Notes, White Musk, Orchid.


PERFUMEHEAD: this a "fragrance mood board" created with VIOLET GREY, a luxury beauty retailer that meticulously curates beauty products, in mind. Sounds super elitist and very California. 

I was drawn to the minimalist packaging and their decanter/flacon. I'm just going to list all the fragrances they offer and put an ansterisk on the ones I am interested because their notes are not on Fragrantica. Also, there are no samples, and each bottle is $425!

They are small batch and are "handcrafted from the world’s finest essential oils, natural extracts, and safe, sustainable synthetics." They are [vegan] extrait de parfums (somewhat justifies the price,) so they are concentrated, potent, and long-lasting. 

  1. Canadian Tuxedo: Coriander, Orange Flower, Bay Leaf. Cumin, Patchouli, Cedarwood. Tonka Bean, Peru Balsam, Cistus Absolute (AKA Labdanum)
  2. *Somewhere: Dewy Palm Leaves, Bergamot, Blood Orange. Lemon Blossom, Neroli, Fragipani. Palo Santo, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Skin Musk.
    • The notes aren't the most exciting, but it sounds pretty.
  3. Alone Together: Verbena, Peruvian Lime, Red Mandarin. Pink Pepper, Basil, Jamaican Pimento. French Lavandin Super, Vetiver, Patchouli.
  4. Moon Flower: Cool Air, Blood Orange, Tuberose, Cardamom. Orange Flower, Moon Flower, Night-Blooming Jasmine. Elemi, Moss, Musk, Patchouli.
  5. Room No.: Bergamot, Nutmeg, Orris Butter. Black Tea, Palo Santo, Cashmere Wood. Leather, Vanilla, Mulky Musk.
  6. Reine des Agnes: Turkish Rose, Moroccan Rose, Schinus Molle (AKA California Pepper Tree), Saffron. Geranium Angelica Root, Ambrette Seed. Patchouli, Amber, Vetiver, Leather, Musk.
  7. Cosmic Cowboy: Neon Galbanum, Cinnamon Bark, Orris Butter. Whiskey a Go Go (a club,) Angelica Root, Tobacco Lead. Decadent Amber, Cacao Blanc, Sexy Musk.

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!