OTHER COSMETICS (MAINLY ABOUT NAILS)

Hair Care:

Moroccanoil Shampoo and Conditioner. Not a fan of how brittle and crunchy it makes my hair feel. As someone with thick, poofy hair, I don't need any more volume. I want length, shine, and sleek/frizz-free hair! My landlord gifted my family this, and my older sister opened them without us knowing to decant them into travel containers. Now, I have to use this and other shampoos she's opened without finishing before they all expire. 

Big fan of Shiseido's Fino Premium Touch Hair Mask. 

Nails:

Orly In a Snap quick dry top coat is terrible. It's thin, disturbs the layers of polish beneath (I let my nails dry for at least 5 minutes before applying top coat,) doesn't dry as fast as it claims, is streaky, and doesn't protect my mani.  

Update: Rom&nd's nail polishes chip after the first day. Not a fan of how they apply and settle. They pool at the sides of my nails and are also streaky. 

I like Zoya's formula, but something about the bottle/brush makes it difficult to create a nice bead on the brush to apply to the nail. I prefer the wide brush over their classic. They had this "promo" on the website where you can get 3 nail polishes for "free" ($15 shipping...) I purchased:

  • Olivera: a color-flip metallic with an indigo base and a green and purple shift
  • Rosalind: a darkened sugar-plum purple, a duo chrome with a hint of blueberry
  • Rachael: a mulberry berry cream

I love Olivera and Rosalind, perhaps Olivera a little more because I love dark greens, and it applies ever so slightly better. Olivera ended up staining my nails blue for a couple days. Rachael takes several coats to become opaque. This is mainly because I suck at applying nail polish: the area near my cuticle ended up sheerer than the rest of my nails, which is weird because I start applying at cuticles. 

Thumbnail Source

Canmake had a limited edition autumnal collection. I purchased N71, N73, and N74 (I don't know what compelled me to get N74 because that's too warm for me.) I also regret purchasing these because, like the Rom&nd ones, they're jelly/sheer, which looks streaky and messy on my nails. I dislike N71 the least. Be careful on the Japanese nail pages because you will get FOMO and purchase things you don't need!

Makeup:

KISSME HEROINE Make Volume and Curl is a great mascara for straight lashes and oily eyelids. It is waterproof, so your eyelashes stay up and do not smudge. No raccoon eyes!

It's supposed to be volumizing, but my eyelashes still look wimpy and sparse. Great on the curl part, weak on the volume. 

I am tempted to buy eyeliner for them, but I don't wear makeup often, and my current workplace doesn't require employees to wear makeup. (I used to be a skincare and makeup sales associate, which is why makeup was mandatory.) 

For the next couple of weeks(?), I will post mainly skincare/non-fragrance-related content because I got COVID, and my senses haven't recovered yet. I hope it'll recover soon because I cannot detect burning smells or my BO, which is dangerous.

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!