REPLICA BEACH WALK REVIEW

Bergamot, Lemon, Pink Pepper
Ylang-Ylang, Coconut Milk, Heliotrope
Musk, Benzoin, Cedar

"Sunny and invigorating eau de toilette
BEACH WALK evokes memories of endless summer days, the warm ocean breeze, and the glow of sun-kissed skin.
A fresh scent inspired by salty air and rays of sun where bergamot and lemon fuse atop a floral perfume of ylang ylang, coconut milk, bergamot and white musk."

-Margiela Website

I smell the sun, tropical/warm flowers in bloom, sunscreen, citrus peel, and musk. I'm not getting a lot of coconut from this sweet, floral sunscreen fragrance.

The perfume is aptly titled. However, I think if there was a saltiness to the fragrance instead of a sweetness, it would further help with the beach imagery. Who has ever been in sweet water at the beach?

Why does that not sound right?

The floral notes dominate the fragrance. The scent has a milky, creamy [suncream] quality, but it doesn't stand a chance against Ylang-Ylang or the Heliotrope. The musk further amplifies the florals. It's headache-inducing and might trigger my gag reflex.

This fragrance has great longevity and pretty great sillage. The fragrance got on my bra, and it still smells like it.

Not the best fall or work perfume, and it doesn't really suit me. Definitely try this if you like sunshine and the beach. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan; I find it a little too overpowering.

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!