MORE WINDOW SHOPPING

I am convinced I won't ever find my favorite perfume or commit to a full-size because I haven't madly fallen in love with one, and I tire of my favorites after a couple of months. I recently sprayed You by Glossier and Valley de Farney by Maison Louis Marie and disliked them both. They had me wondering, what was I thinking?

Destined to be forever alone and stinky.

That's going on my new About Me page.

While on the quest for new jeans at Roosevelt Field, I could not fight the lure of perfumes.

I first went to Louis Vuitton, felt out of place, sniffed a couple, tried Afternoon Swim because reviewers say it smells like Le Gemme Tygar by Bvlgari (they really do,) and forgot the rest. 

I also went to Aesop to check out their fragrances and products. The visit reminded me why I don't buy any Aesop products. 

Lastly, I sniffed every perfume sample at Jo Malone one right after the other. 

One, two, three, four, five, splits, spread-eagles, back-flips, flip-flops, one right after the other


There are only five shining stars from my visit:

  1. Lime Basil & Mandarin
  2. Earl Grey & Cucumber
  3. English Pear & Freesia, which I have a sample of courtesy for SoPost. There will be a review in a couple of months. Definitely need to test out the sillage and longevity because their track record isn't that great.
  4. Poppy & Barley
  5. Scarlet Poppy Cologne Intense

While looking on the website for reference, I noticed that the store didn't have some fragrances, like Verbenas of Provence, Blue Agave & Cacao, or at least I don't recall seeing them; it's been a while, okay!

I quit my receptionist job near Macy's for another receptionist job a couple blocks away, so I no longer go to Macy's as often. I went with a purpose.

  1. Try Givenchy L'Interdit again. It's still great, albeit still too old for me. It's very sexy, mature, and musky, making me feel some type of way. 
  2. Givenchy L'Interdit Rouge because a perfume reviewer said it's a staple in their EXTENSIVE collection. It's not as great as the original.

This white border on the image is awful and messes up the spacing/the appearance of this post.

I didn't know Narciso Rodriguez was at Macy's, but I'm glad I tried it, so my future sample purchases will be smaller. I was not a fan of For Her's EDP or EDT; I forget which one, but one smelled like nail polish remover. Not elegant and sophisticated, nor sensual and seductive. Though, I did like the Pure Musc EDP.

Lastly, I gave Tom Ford another try. Well, I gave Bitter Peach another try. I can't force myself to love something I don't and have a lousy track record.

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!