YSL LASH CLASH EXTREME VOLUME MASCARA REVIEW

Designer mascaras are not worth it. There are so many more effective and affordable alternatives on the market. I received a sample of YSL's mascara for review, but that has not affected my opinions.

A little background on my lashes. I am of Asian descent, and we typically have straight lashes. I'm fortunate that my eyelashes are long and hold a curl (without mascara) rather well. The only issues I have are my eyelashes are spindly, regular mascara weighs down my curled lashes, and I have extremely oily eyelids. Therefore, I am looking for voluminous [waterproof] mascaras that hold a curl and do not smudge.

YSL's Lash Clash Extreme Volume Mascara claims to deliver +200% more volume with 24-hour smudge-proof wear for intense color from root to tip.

I agree the mascara makes my eyelashes look thicker and darker, but I'm not sure if it's twice as voluminous as without. I am not a fan of the wand; I wish it was a little thinner/smaller. It's the chunky cone bristle type of wand. I struggle with these wands because I often get some product on my eyelids and poke my eyes. Usually, my eyelashes look really clumpy with them too. 

The wear is pretty great. I only got a little transfer on my under eyes near the outer corners of my eyes near the five-hour mark because my sunken lashes kept rubbing against my under eyes, but it's not severe to the point where I look like a raccoon. 

Lots of bold claims and partially delivers.  

Overall, it's not a terrible mascara. Definitely too expensive for what you get. I had a bad experience because it's not waterproof and made my eyelashes sag, so the effects were negligible. Lastly, since it's not waterproof, you would look feral if caught in the rain. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!