WULONG CHA NISHANE REVIEW

Bergamot, Orange, Mandarin Orange, Litsea 
Oolong Tea, Nutmeg
Fig, Musk

Nishane is an Istanbul-based niche perfume brand. Their fragrances are designed as tributes to "different emotions and moods to ensure cherished moments to remember." Not only do they sell perfumes, but they also sell hair oil, body oil, and hand creams. They have a line of home fragrances in the works. 

Only a few fragrances come in various sizes. The standard size for the brand is 50 ml, and the prices vary depending on the scent. 

Wulong Cha comes in 15, 50, and 100 ml. The prices are 75€, 180€, and 280€ respectively. Current exchange rates: $75, $180, and $280.

All of their fragrances come in a glass cube, except for their line of Extrait de Colognes.


My review:

This is not stereotyping; I think many Asian women will like this fragrance. I say this as both a Chinese-American woman and someone who has watched a lot of Korean, Chinese, and Japanese what's in my bag or perfume collection videos. 

Generally, their tastes lean towards clean, pretty, and inoffensive fragrances, like most Jo Malone perfumes or Byredo's Blanche. Of course, there are outliers, and some people deviate from this generalization. 

Wulong Cha is citrusy and has that generic green tea smell you get from cosmetics. I remember smelling a Nature Republic product with this green tea scent. 

I think the perfume is clean, soapy, and quite pleasant. Generic green tea and soap. Definitely not the most exciting perfume, but it's great for every day and will probably be popular with most people because it's bright and clean. Once I applied it to my skin (I've been smelling it from the vial while writing most of the description), I got bitterness from the rinds and some musk. 

While sniffing the perfume for this review, my nostrils began to sting, and my head began to hurt a little. It's probably the bright, tart citruses. It's a lovely fragrance, but it might induce a headache because it's a little astringent, so DEFINITELY sample before buying. 

My motto: ALWAYS sample, don't blind buy a full-size. 

I highly recommend the fragrance. It has excellent longevity, and I enjoyed wearing this at work. It can be unisex but leans more feminine. It's a daytime, spring/summer fragrance. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!