ISNTREE HYALURONIC ACID WATERY SUN GEL REVIEW

It's summer, so you should care even more about sun protection. If you ever see me in person, I will probably be wearing a hat, SPF, and maybe a sun protective jacket from UNIQLO. I haven't found a body sunscreen yet, so if you have a rec, comment below. 

I've tried Isntree products before, and I like how they're non-irritating: the ingredient list is relatively clean, with the occasional mildly comedogenic ingredient. All of their products are cruelty-free, but they aren't certified vegan. I've also heard great things about their SPF, so I picked it up. 

This sunscreen is Spf50+ Pa++++, chemical, water-based, lightweight, hydrating, cooling, and soothing. Unfortunately for some of you, it has Niacinimide, which, interestingly, is higher up on the ingredient list than Hyaluronic Acid...

The chemical filters are Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Homosalate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol, Polysilicone-15, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate.

50 ml/1.69 fl. oz. costs around $15 depending on where you purchase it. I think this product is fairly priced. 

It smells like your typical sunscreen (if that's something that bothers you/a deciding factor when making purchases.) Luckily, the scent isn't overwhelming. It's very subtle, and most people wouldn't be bothered by it. Because it's a chemical sunscreen, there is no white cast.

Since it is water-based, it has a very light texture that is easy to work into the skin. It gives the skin a nice dewy, hydrated, and glass-like look. Unlike SCINIC's sun essence, it doesn't sting around the eyes! In addition, it reapplies well without pilling. It also doesn't pill under masks. However, it's a little tacky after application, so if you like wearing your hair down, that's not the best option. Constantly getting hair on your face is very uncomfortable. 

I don't live in a humid, hot, or tropical climate, but I think this sunscreen would suit people in those climates. It doesn't feel thick or uncomfortable on the skin, has a slight cooling sensation, and offers a broad spectrum of sun protection. My only concern is the dewiness it gives the skin; you can quickly look oily, so beware of that. I have combination skin, and my nose gets super oily and shiny. The tackiness might also be uncomfortable with humidity. 

I recommend this sunscreen if you haven't tried it already: affordable, effective, easy to reapply, no white cast, and a little dewy. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!