BVLGARI LE GEMME TYGAR

Grapefruit, Ambroxan, Woody Notes

Thank you, SoPost. Even though I got this for free, this has not affected my opinion. If you've read other of my posts, you know I generally don't like most perfumes I've selected/purchased to try.

First impressions before trying.

This is a cologne... whoops! Although I don't have a boyfriend, at least I can smell like I do?!

Also, when I heard the name, I thought of Tyga, gross, and this gem of a meme:


A 100ml bottle costs $349 (including taxes.) It's part of Bvlgari's Le Gemme line, which includes Orom, Empyr, Gyan, and more. They all have similar bottles, the only difference is the design on the cap, which replicates the appearance of whatever gem/stone the fragrance is inspired by.

The card that the sample comes with says that Tiger's Eye "draws its energy from the vibrations of the Earth and the Sun and infuses the EDP with power and force." This is giving me flashbacks to physics, potential energy, and kinetic energy. 

"Mirroring the stone's natural chromatic duality, the initial burst of sparkling grapefruit gives way to zesty ginger and an incredibly rich, mineral woodiness depth in the dry down."

Need to look out for citrus, spice, and woodiness. 


Wow... this cologne is sexy. I did not expect to like it.

The opening reminds me of this Chinese liniment 黄道益(huáng dào yì). It's called "Wong To Yick Wood Lock Medicated Oil" in English. 

It opens up very strong, herbally, and spicy. When I sprayed it, I immediately felt a cooling sensation where I sprayed it, despite its warm profile. Since I already mentioned a Chinese liniment, I might as well also compare it to Icy Hot, not scent-wise!

There is a brightness to the cologne associated with citrus, but it does not smell like grapefruit to me. The opening quickly dissipates and transforms into something warm and spicy, but it doesn't smell like ginger. 

It's woody, fresh, spicy, herbally, and a little ambery. 

I also don't regularly smell or review colognes, but I think this is nice and inoffensive. If someone, male, female, or non-binary, were to wear this, I wouldn't mind at all. They're effortlessly chic and mysterious. Their clothes have clean, sharp, and long lines. It can work day or night, but I think it's more of a daytime fragrance because of the freshness and warmth. 

I will definitely be trying more Bvlgari in the future. I've had their tea line on my wishlist for a while. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!