MELIORA PARFUMS DE MARLY

Fragrantica Notes

Black Currant, Red Berries, Cassis
Rose, Lily-of-the-Valley, Ylang-Ylang
Musk, Vanilla

Parfums de Marly Website

Red Berries, Raspberry, Lemon essence
Rose, Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine Tea
Vanilla, Musk, Cedarwood

"strawberries cherries and an angel's kiss in spring"
-Summer Wine by Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood 


Literally, none of the notes are in this song, but I think these lyrics perfectly capture the essence of this fragrance.

It's a fruity/berry wine, and I think it's wearable year-round, not just Spring/Summer, as the brand advises. It can be a mulled wine for the Fall/Winter season because there's this light spice; you'd probably have to layer it with another fragrance to temper the brighter, summery qualities of the perfume. It can also be a mimosa in the Spring/Summer because of its sparkling zing quality. 

I would be careful to not spray too much because you can quickly end up smelling like Bath and Body Works' Christmas/Holidays collection. Or someone who imbibed too much fairy wine.

It's great that you can spray this year-round because a bottle is around $300... Definitely sample this in stores, or purchase a sample online before committing.

The floral notes add a beautiful musk. Lovely fragrance overall, albeit not that exciting or groundbreaking. 

I'd advise against blind-buying a full-size because I think you can get a cheaper body spray with the same vibe. I'm sure the ingredients are high quality, but I don't think it's justifiable to spend $300, especially since it only lasted about 4 hours on me. 

Go ahead if you want to smell like a teenage girl and waste money. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!