NO.09 VALLÉE DE FARNEY MAISON LOUIS MARIE REVIEW

Grapefruit, Black Pepper, Orange
Geranium, Patchouli, Cedar
Vetiver, Amber, Benzoin, Musk


I bought a discovery set from Sephora long ago because I love Bois de Balincourt. But after smelling Le Long Fond, I was put off. 

When I first sprayed Vallée de Farney, I had war flashbacks of Le Long Fond and Vetiver 46, which I'm not the biggest fan of.

It opens up with a strong peppery, cedar, woodsy, vetiver scent. After feeling dejected and disappointed with this set again, the smell began transforming, and I liked it significantly more. Whenever I caught a whiff of the perfume at work, it was like a little pick-me-up.  

Two negatives do indeed make a positive. 

You need to give it around an hour to get better. I wish I could skip the opening notes and go straight to whatever it develops into with the first spray. 

It's a unisex to masculine leaning, "fresh spicy" fragrance. It reminds me of soap, cotton laundered with forest leaves and herbs. 

It gives me Pacific Northwest and Dark Academia vibes. It smells like an attractive man.

I wrote a lot of nice descriptions, but when I was about to leave the house, I passed by my shoe deodorant and realized they were the same scent. 

If you ever smelled "Mannings deodourising shoe spray" you know what this perfume smells like. 

Despite the shoe deodorant spray likeness, I immensely enjoy this scent. It's lingering on something in my room, and I love picking up on it. Smelling it randomly makes me want to spray it on myself, but the thought of the opening notes tamps down on that urge. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!