SCINIC ENJOY SUPER MILD SUN ESSENCE (NEW FORMULA) REVIEW


I need to preface this by saying I started using Curology/Tret, which may be why I have some of the issues I list below.


What it is:

A chemical sunscreen with physical filters for sensitive skin types that provides broad-spectrum SPF50+ PA++++ protection is infused with hydrating essence and seven plant-based extracts to replenish skin, soothe irritation, and cool skin temperature.

I was drawn to this because it's so cheap! Only $8 on Stylevana (referral program.)


Ingredients: 

Water, Dibutyl Adipate, Propanediol, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polysilicone-15, Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Niacinamide, Diethylhexyl Butamido Triazone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Vanilla Tahitensis Fruit Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Centella Asiatica Extract, Caprylyl Methicone, Coco-Caprylate/​Caprate, Silica, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Sodium Acrylates Crosspolymer-2, Decyl Glucoside, Acrylates/​C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Adenosine, Panthenol, Dipropylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Behenyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum

I'm aware this is a low-quality image.
I rubbed the sunscreen into my hand to show the dewiness and squeezed more to show you what the product looks like. It's like Biore's sunscreen, but with no alcohol.

My thoughts:

It's dewy, cooling, and hydrating. There's no fragrance, and the gel-cream texture is easier to blend in than mineral sunscreens. Think Biore without the alcohol. Plus, there is no white cast! (I'm okay with a white cast if it offers a tone-up effect.)

Sadly, this sunscreen feels sticky and tacky, especially after reapplying. I thought this would be a great SPF for warmer days because it's light, but the tackiness will be unbearable during heat and humidity, and I think I'll look super greasy. 

It also stings when I apply it to my cheeks and around my eyes. I don't apply Tret around my eyes, so I don't think it's entirely Tret's fault. That stinging goes away after using the product for a while.

Lastly, it pills after reapplying. If you accidentally touch your face, you'll feel and see flakes or weird marbling on your face. This is really unfortunate because not being to reapply is such a deal-breaker. WE ALL NEED TO REAPPLY! 

It also does not sit well under masks because of the pilling. Unless you'll have your mask on an entire day, you don't have to interact with anybody with your mask off, and stay all day indoors, steer clear!

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!