B.LAB Matcha Hydrating Foam Cleanser Review

Restore skin's water-oil balance with this foam cleanser, which contains extracts from green tea and centella to soothe and purify skin. Hyaluronic acid, ceramide and glycerin in ingredients also provide extra moisturizing power.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Green Tea Extract, Betaine, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Fig Extract, Kelp Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Leaf Extract, Indian Mulberry Leaf Extract, Indian Mulberry Flower Extract, Dandelion Root Extract, Columbine Seed Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Lauryl Betaine, Green Tea Powder, Sodium Chloride, Polyquaternium-39, Decylene Glycol, Allantoin, Butylene Glycol, Fructan, Fructooligosaccharides, Beta-Glucan, Ceramide NP, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Hydroxyacetophenone, Ethylhexylglycerin

Fragrance, essential oil, and alcohol-free!

Because this was a blind buy, I was unaware of the green tea leaves (see the bits in the cleanser in the picture above.) I was taken aback when I felt the bits while washing my face. I usually don't lather cleansers before using them because of laziness, but you have to with this cleanser. 

The leaves are stiff at first but soften with prolonged contact with water. 

Honestly, they are a useless addition to the formula. The leaves don't exfoliate, which I'm happy about. Pretty sure they added it to avoid copying allegations from Krave or as a gimmick. 

Speaking of Krave, I can't answer whether or not this is a dupe for its Matcha Hemp Cleanser as I've never used it. 

This cleanser is advertised as a moisturizing cleanser, but my skin feels tight after using it. It lathers really well, super foamy. Not sure about its water-oil balancing or purifying claims, but it is soothing because my skin looked less red after using. 

The soothing properties did not last long. I think it's because I started using Tret, but my face stings when I put on a green tea toner after washing. The stinging subsides, but it's unpleasant to deal with daily. 

Last gripe: the tube and the product is stiff, which makes dispensing/squeezing out annoying. 

A rather useless purchase as I can purchase something similar and better at the drugstore. 

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!