BYREDO BLANCHE REVIEW


I have memories associated with Blanche and Byredo. I know of Byredo because I've seen it in many videos or probably smelled it on someone before. 

I remember Byredo because it reminds me of the time I went out with my friend Anna to SoHo (I don't go out often, and I've never shopped in SoHo), and it was the first literal stop in my fragrance journey. 

When I went into the shop, I already knew which fragrances I wanted to try because I am Type A like that. Once I smelled Biblioteque and Gypsy Water, I asked for a fresh, clean scent and a store associate recommended Blanche. She sprayed some on me, went on my way, and wore it throughout the day. 

Blanche will remind me of that day with my friend, walking through NYC, trying to find a bathroom, and undercooked pasta.

Top Notes: Aldehydes, Rose, Pink Pepper
Middle Notes: Peony, Violet, African Orange flower
Base Notes: Musk, Woodsy Notes, Sandalwood


It's like smelling fresh out of the shower throughout the day. Laundry drying in the sun. The clean, crisp air of a sunny blue sky. It's clean, slightly powdery, and subtlely floral. 

If you're just wearing a white T-shirt, light jeans, and gold jewelry, your outfit is not complete without this perfume.

No matter the gender (though I think this perfume is more "feminine",) you'd think they're elegant, refined, have their life together, and they value hygiene/how they present themselves.

Credit Le Fashion

The bad thing is, I don't want to smell like this the whole day.

But you just said so many nice things about it!?

When riding the subway (a different day, I purchased a sample), I got a headache while smelling myself. It's great to smell clean, and I like the fragrance, but when you smell this clean for hours, it's like a hypochondriac, clean-freak following you everywhere you go. It's asking me:

"Do you know how many dirty people sat here? Do you smell the lingering essence of excrements around you? Doesn't it make your skin itch? Look at that man over there, he's not wearing a mask/not wearing it properly, and he just sneezed."

It's constantly nagging you and the equivalent of inhaling cleaning agents long-term. (It's the aldehydes!)

Maybe I would prefer this fragrance as a home fragrance, either as a room spray or a fabric spray, to give off the effect of cleanliness. A hair perfume ($80) is also a good choice. 

In my opinion, it seems more suitable for spring/summer. If it's super humid, heavy, and hot outside, this perfume will help you feel clean and boost your mood. 

The longevity isn't that great. It lasted around 4-6 hours for me during my typical day of commuting and going to classes. I tested the longevity again by applying some before bed, and it's still lingering in the morning. 

My final test was on my workday. Did not last. Could not hold up against my armpit's BO (but more on that later.) I would rather have the clean-freak nag me than my BO haunt me. 

FYI, I added the same amount of fragrance to the same places: chest, crook of the elbows, and neck.

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!