Givenchy Irresistible EDT Fraiche

Givenchy L'Interdit is one of the few fragrances I considered purchasing after smelling it, so when I saw an ad from SoPost about a free sample from Givenchy, I jumped on it.

Top Notes: Rose Water, Cassis
Middle Notes: Damask Rose, Iris
Base Notes: White Musk, Virginia Cedar

First impression:

The card it comes with says rose effervescent, floral spicy musky, fresh rose faceted with vibrant spices. Nothing about the profile excites me. 

The first hour: 

The smell's really generic, like body spray for teenage girls. Reminds me of synthetic cotton candy.

Um... I'm not getting rose notes; it's floral, but it doesn't smell like roses/rose water. 

I'm getting sweet fruitiness, which is probably from the cassis. I don't know what cassis is, but apparently, it has a "green & ammoniac scent reminiscent of "cat piss." Lovely. Luckily, there is no cat piss, but a sourness/tartness perks your nose when you sniff it.

So cassis is blackcurrant and it smells nothing like it. 

It's a little spicy, not too musky, and I'm not getting the powderiness from iris yet. 

First hour onwards:

It still smells about the same, but more subtle and just ever so slightly powdery. 

Opinion:

Flop, 1/5. Smells like a Parfums de Marly sample I have. It's not unique or what I'm looking for; it's very one-dimensional. It also doesn't match who I am. However, the longevity is pretty good. It's not a fragrance that people will stop you for. 

I do not see this being a signature scent for anyone/being a part of anyone's wardrobe. Only people who received samples of this would wear it, or people who test it in stores.

Who would buy a full-sized bottle?! No shame if you did.

Comments

Follow my twitter for blog updates!